"HAVE A GOOD NIGHT"

"What are you doing Friday night?" Billy asks when Liv answers her phone. It's almost eleven o'clock at night, and she was trying to go to bed, thank you very much.

"I'm sleeping right now. Try again later." Liv retorts, and moves to slam her phone back down onto the receiver, but Billy screams for her to not hang up. "You've got one minute." She grumbles, rubbing her eyes.

"What are you doing Friday night?"

"You'll get used to hearing this with me." She clears her throat. "I'm babysitting."

"Come on, really?"

"Yes. Wheeler's. Six to ten." That was a push, the Wheeler parents are lame and will definitely be home early.

"Looks like I'll just have to sneak you out of your house after that, then." He sighs. "Unless you're free now."

"What are you asking, Hargrove?"

"I'm asking, Liv Wilson, if you want to hang out with me."

"Right now?"

"Right now."

"I was going to go to sleep, but what would we do that would win me over?" She asks, her cheeks heating up at the thought of more alone time with Billy.

Yesterday Billy took Liv out to lunch and he might as well charmed her into a puddle. He bought her food, a simple grilled cheese, while he had a burger, and they shared a milkshake and basket of fries after, because they had time to kill. Liv had him talk about what it was like to live in California, telling her every single detail of the beaches as she rested back on the vinyl of the booth she was sitting in with her eyes closed, and Billy watched her sitting there with hearts in his eyes.

"What, my presence isn't enough for you?"

"It's not a full sell." Liv sighs with a smirk and Billy chuckles through the line.

"Do you smoke?"

"Cigarettes or weed?" Liv asks and even though she can't see it, his eyebrows shoot up his forehead.

"Both, I guess."

"Well, then." She giggles. "Both, I guess. Cigarettes only when I'm drunk."

"And weed?"

"Whenever I feel like it." She smiles, already thinking of what sweatshirt she should pull on before climbing out of her window to sneak out to see him.

"So is that a yes?"

"It's a yes, Hargrove. I live on Grove, park on the corner. I'll meet you there." Liv says, heart racing in her chest.

"I'll be there in ten minutes, maybe less." Billy breathes before hanging up, quickly putting on his jacket and old Converse before heading out the door.

"Billy!" His father shouts after him.

"I'll be back!" Billy shouts back, running to his car and quickly starting it before his dad can stop him.

On the other side of town, Liv is scrambling out of bed and back to the bathroom to brush her teeth again. She doesn't know what is going to happen tonight, but she can't wait to recap Penny in the morning when she picks her up. Liv quickly dresses in a big sweatshirt and leggings with beat up Converse before heading out of her window, swinging onto a tree branch and maneuvering her way down while also going over her back fence.

"I'll be back, bud." She whispers to her clueless dog, Bear, who picked his head up from his sleep, looking at her through the window, before quickly and quietly making her way down the street, where Billy's car was sitting and waiting, the engine rumbling with a low hum. "Hi." She says, carefully swinging the door open and sitting down.