PHASE 23 - THEY HATE THEIR NOSTALGIC BOYBAND REUNION

I’m lucky that Gate Guardians out here are preoccupied on each of their own battles. I went on full stealth mode and safely managed to regroup with Kristoff after five minutes of wandering carelessly on this labyrinth battlefield. The orange-haired gangster Drex and the suicidal emo Benedict are already with him, so I think everything is going smoothly on our team… except for one aspect.

“Ey, Tiara! Where’s that whacko brown-haired maid?” Drex asked.

“...Ummm… Uhhh….” I held my chest. I’m formulating for some nice words in my brain, but I think I’m getting blacked out. “I have eliminated her” reasoning won’t gonna cut it!

“You eliminated her…” Kristoff said.

“E-Eh!?” I shrieked. Then I shyly bumped the tip of my pointing finger to each other several times as I bowed. “U-Ummm yeah… I-I’m sorry…”

“I think that’s okay. She’s a liability to us anyway if she continues to act like that.” Kristoff said.                                                       

“Ain’t that the truth.” Drex said.

I made a forced smile. I’m quite relieved that Kristoff and Drex sided with me, but do they really think Emily as a burden in this fight?

“Anyway, we have to find Heushac next. It’s really mandatory for us right now since our firepower is now limited due to that maid’s elimination.” Kristoff said.

“I hope he’s holding up well.” I muttered.

<>

Three minutes, and there’s another explosion nearby. We three climbed up the wall and peeked, and noticed that there is a team of strong-looking Gate Guardians being surrounded by several brown-robed bald monks.

One of the Gate Guardians who is emitting a strange prana field is a tall, slender Korean man who has an umbrella as his Weapon Gem. He spun it gracefully like a lance, perfectly parrying all the monks’ kung-fu chops and punches, and instantly finishing two of them off by a quick stab to their Gate Plates.

“<Geo Twirl>!!!” One of the monks made a palm assault, and crumbles of earth were launched and swirled like a tornado!

But the lancer defended himself by opening his umbrella, making a sturdy shield that blocked the attack!

“What the heck is that weapon!?” The monk exclaimed. He is about to cast another spell but then, there was a laser beam that triggered his Gate Plate. And that laser beam came from the tip of the umbrella-spear!

“That umbrella man? That’s Seha Park.” Kristoff muttered. “He’s one of the best attackers from Cyprine City. I’ve seen him fight a few times and he’s a force to be reckoned with.”

Another peculiar man got our attention. He is wearing a white cape and acolyte robe, and on his right hand, an old-fashioned wooden staff that has a navy blue orb. He’s wearing a pair of round eyeglasses.

He has this hologram screens right in front of his face. Those screens contain his groupmates’ vital statistics and even a sonar radar map. It seems like he’s the commander of his team.

There was this one man with hijab who sneaked on his back. He decided that it’s the best time to ‘assassinate’ the tactician mage, so he rushed to the mage while shouting “Surprise attaaaaaack!!!”

Clang! When he swung his sword, an invisible barrier repelled his attack completely. He was stunned, and it’s too late to realize that he’s wide open.