Chapter 1

"He'll probably be torturing squirrels the whole time" Tiffany laughs, flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder.

"Or plotting to sacrifice a deer to Satan" Khloe sneers.

They clearly don't feel an ounce of guilt as they joke freely about the school loner. Everyone does.

I force myself to laugh along with them, not wanting them to think I sympathize with Logan.

I glance across the courtyard to where he sits everyday. Today he's reading To Kill A Mockingbird. His eyes never look up, even when he's surrounded by the whispers.

"Figures he's reading that book. He's exactly like Boo Radley" I force out.

"Ummm nerd much, you've read that book?" Tiffany scoffs, looking at me disapprovingly.

"We've all read it. It was assigned English freshman year" I reply, blushing slightly

Both Khloe and Tiffany look like I've grown alother head. Of course they don't remember, they were too busy hooking up with guys to remember something that was assigned three years ago.

I shrug find myself looking across the courtyard. Logan Greenwood, more commonly known as the Kingston Prep loner, sits by himself. Even in elementary school he was alone. While most kids were making friends and playing at recess, he content with isolating himself. I've only even spoken a few words to him despite practically growing up with him. He was an outcast, which made him an easy target.

I remember the first time Logan was singled out. A couple of boys from our second grade class approached him at lunch. They teased him about growing up without a family. About being an orphan like it was his fault.

"I bet your parents knew what a pathetic freak you'd be and dumped you!" they'd yell.

Eventually the teasing turned to shoving. But never once did he fight back. I never so much as saw him flinch. He just took whatever hell people decided to inflict on him. He never broke.

Despite being the tallest in the class, he was still a punching bag. It didn't matter to his tormentors. He was a nobody in their eyes.

My eyes run over him slightly. His brown hair a little on the long side, hiding the green eyes I know he has. His frame tall and awkward, like he can't fit in anywhere. He always wears baggy ill fitting clothes, despite our school having a strict uniform policy. He always has on a hoodie, like a protective shield from the world.

His eyes, a vivid green. Something so unique, it'd always caught my attention. They held so many secrets, dark ones. I knew his life growing up wasn't easy, he was an orphan with no home, on a scholarship unlike the rest of the rich kid population. He was the polar opposite of everyone around him.

Yet, I felt strangely drawn to him. Not that I'd ever admit that to anyone. I had to force myself not to acknowledge it myself.

"Whatever, as long as he's smart enough to stay away from everyone on the trip" Tiffany says, turning back to us.

The senior camping trip was coming up. A tradition for the graduating class every year. If you can even call it camping. This trip was basically the rich person's equivalent of camping. Luxury cabins, a spa, lodge, and five star service.

I was accustomed to the real camping trips my father used to take my sisters and I on every summer growing up. The real wilderness experience, tents, hiking, fishing. We haven't gone in years, it's like that tradition died along with him.

"So you gonna find sometime to finally fuck Chad, He's been panting after your ass all year Liv"  Khloe nudges me.

I fight the urge to roll my eyes. Puberty hit me hard sophomore year. Suddenly I wasn't rail thin with no boobs or ass. Over night my figure curved out and along came the Coke bottle figure I've been sporting since then. All of a sudden guys wanted a piece of me.