Chapter 4

Being lost in the woods is not ideal, especially with the one person who I have unexplored feelings for. Being stuck in a remote cabin during a winter blizzard, is the cherry on top the shit sundae.

But I guess things could be far worse if this place didn't having running water, a fireplace, or food. Whosever cabin this is obviously takes enough care of it to stock the cabinets with canned food. I just hope they show up or the storm lets up enough so we can find our way back to camp.

"It looks like we have enough food to last us the duration so it looks like we can avoid eating each other" Logan smirks, looking through the cabinet.

"Funny" I reply dryly. Not liking how my brain conques up the image of us eating each other in a completely different way.

"So how long do you think we'll be here?" I ask, still seeing the no signal sign at the corner of my phone screen.

"The storm doesn't seem like it's letting up anytime soon. Your guess is as good as mine" he shrugs, looking out at the constant flurry of snow.

"Fuck, it's freezing" I shiver, rubbing my arms.

Logan pokes the dying fire which just continues to dim. Without more wood, we'll freeze to death. It's impossible to even walk out of the cabin in search of wood, with the snow piling up.

"Here" Logan says, grabbing another blanket and wrapping it around me.

It's no use though. I'm still freezing despite all the layers I have on.

"It's not working" my teeth chatter.

Logan gets a look on his face and reaches a hand out to me.

"If blankets aren't working we'll have to share body heat. It's the last option."

At this point I'll try anything. I grab his outstretched hand and follow him to the bedroom.

A shiver that's not at all attributed to the cold, comes up my spine. With both us more or less having experience camping, we know the only way to actually get warm is skin to skin.

Logan gives me a slight look and nods, "I won't look at you, I promise."

He turns his back and begins to remove his shirt. I stare open mouthed, those baggy clothes were hiding a body that had no business being hidden.

My thighs clench tightly when I gaze at his full on muscular back. His muscles tighten hypothetically as he removes the rest of his shirt.

I swallow thickly and turn quickly. If his back is hot, the front must be even crazier. His body is more defined than anyone I've seen in person, he's got the body of an Instagram model.

I look over my shoulder and hold back a moan as he removes his pants. Oh my god. Bubble butt.

Lord help me if I look at him from the front I might actually pass out. There's no way someone should look that good.

I quickly make work of removing my layers until I'm stripped down to my underwear. When I turn around my breath catches. Logan stares intensely at me, his jaw tight. His expression is unreadable.

I come to my senses and tear my eyes away from him. I pull back the covers and slide in. I avoid eye contact as he gets in next to me.

I inhale quickly when his hands touch my shoulder, silently asking me permission. I lean back against him and let him spoon me. Instantly his warmth seeps into me, already heating me.

He's stiff behind me, unsure how to not make this awkward. I place my hand over his, feeling him relax at my touch.

"You know, I didn't expect this side of you" he murmurs, quietly.

I turn my head slightly, "What do you mean.

He shifts slightly, "This carefree side of you. I mean I've been your classmate for years and you seemed so uptight."

"Ouch, none taken" I crack a smile.

"Sorry I didn't mean-"

I look over my shoulder at him, "No you're right. I can tend to be uptight."

"But in high school you changed. You started hanging out with those girls and it's like you weren't the same. I kinda missed seeing you with your nose in a book" Logan says softly.

I turn over, his eyes widen a touch when I face him. I feel vulnerable but I also feel like I can breathe. It's the first time in a while someone has actually talked to me about life.

"It's high school. Being smart and ambitious doesn't really fly at Prep. I guess I had a fear of being ignored and alone like-" I stop, my words turning to ice in my mouth.

"Like me. You didn't want to be alone like me" he finishes, a slight look of hurt on his face.

"No-" I begin, but he stops me.

"No you're right. I'm a loner. It's not an insult, it's just what I am" he shakes his head, pulling back slightly.

"Logan, I didn't mean it like that" I try to soften the blow, wishing I could take my words back.

"It's okay Liv" he touches my arm but doesn't make any other attempt to continue.

"I'm gonna go lock up for the night" he mumbles, pulling on his shirt and leaving the room.

I feel so stupid. The words slipped out and I didn't think how'd they affect him. I want to take them back and just let him continue to hold me. I don't want to pretend with myself that I haven't begun falling for him, since we've been trapped. He can see right through the facade I've built up. No one has ever cared enough to really talk to me. He actually looks at me like I have something to say and he actually cares.

I feel cold the second he leaves the bed and I wrap my arms around myself. He doesn't come back to bed before I fall asleep. And my heart hurts as I fall asleep with regret.