Chapter 5

The morning sun burns my eyes when I open my eyes. I'm alone in bed, Logan nowhere to be seen. After last night I don't blame him for steering clear of me.

Making quick work of pulling on my clothes, I wrap a blanket around myself before walking out of the bedroom. I smell the aroma of bacon greets me when I enter the living room.

I find Logan in the kitchen carefully monitoring the bacon in the pan. I slip quietly onto the stool, watching him. A shiver of desire tingles me as I take in the large expanse of his back. I can see the clear outline of his muscles as he flips the bacon.

"Sleep well?" he asks, startling me.

He doesn't even turn around, but I know he knows I entered the room. I want to apologize for last night but I think better of it. I doubt I'll get a substantial response from him.

"So what's on the itinerary for today?" I chirp, a slight smile of humor.

"Hoping the storm ends and try to get a signal" he replies, still not making an attempt to face me.

Hurt prickles me, I expected him to reply with a joke like he has before. I feel like he's freezing me out and I hate it.

I decide to go against my earlier decision.

"Logan, about last night. I shouldn't have said what I did. It was careless and stupid" I apologize softly.

"I don't want to talk about it Liv. Let's just drop it" he finally turns to place a plate in front of me.

I try to get him to look me in the eye but he avoids me. Frustration and anger flare up and I find myself pushing off the stool and walking around the counter.

He stays still as I approach him. His expression blank and unreadable. I stand in front of him, looking up so I can meet his eyes.

I decide to I speak my mind, "Look I know I hurt you. That's not how I really see you. I mean you think you're invisible but I notice you. I don't think of you as a loner, I see you as a person who's more comfortable being on their own that being sucked into bullshit. I see you as a person and I honestly you might be the most real person I've ever met."

His expression stays the same so I continue, "And another thing, you fucking confuse me. You make me think you're into me but clearly after last night I was wrong. God I sound stupid but it's how I feel. I fucking want you and I feel so dumb for thinking you'd want me too. Let's just avoid-"

I don't get a chance to finish my rant because Logan grabs me suddenly. I squeak in surprise when he lifts me up and places me on the counter. He shoves my thighs apart and steps between them. I stare open mouthed at him.

"Enough talking" he growls before slamming his lips against mine.

Pleasure explodes across my body when I feel his mouth touch me. His kiss is tentative, slightly inexperienced but totally amazing. I take control and bite his lip before sliding my tongue across the pillowy softness. He opens for me and my tongue tangles with his. Fast learner.

I moan in pleasure as he wins control and ravages my lips. His hands slowly slip to my hips, carefully. I encourage him further by arching against him, my chest pressing against his.

He groans lowly and grabs my hips roughly. Oh god it's so good. His hands glide under my tank top and over my rib cage.

He stops short and pulls back, his eyes full of heat. He watches his hands touching me, memorized. I can see the question in his eyes, my heart clenches with how he silently asks me if he can continue.

"Please" I beg, pushing my chest forward.

It seems like that's all he needed because he tears my shirt over my head. Groaning when he sees my bra and gingerly lowers his lips to my collar bone.