1.2

"Where's lover-boy today?" Morgan asked, bumping our hips together when we were walking out of the cafe after the last shift. 

"We actually just started on a break," I told her, blushing awkwardly. 

"What? What happened?" She gasped, grabbing my arm and pulling me to a stop. I looked at her and felt tears prick the corners of my eyes. 

"He doesn't trust me," I whispered. Her eyes widened. 

"Are you sure? Did he say that or..." She trailed off seeing the pained expression on my face. 

"He said it. I can't be in a relationship with someone who doesn't trust me. It's been a month and he can't trust me with where he lives. I really liked him too," I confided, wiping at my eyes. Her face softened and she pulled me into a hug. 

"I'm so sorry, Viola. You are the nicest person I know. I can't understand why he won't just talk to you. Are you holding up okay?" She comforted. I didn't trust myself to speak so I nodded. Morgan pulled away and narrowed her eyes and I sheepishly shook my head. 

"Not really. It's been three days and he hasn't apologized. I know he's just hoping I'll cave but I won't on this one. Trust is important to me. He is too stubborn to listen when I just talk to him, and that's a big problem too. I just want to sit him down and teach him how to be in a mutually beneficial relationship but he doesn't care about what I say long enough to listen!" I cried. She nodded sympathetically. 

"I'm sure he'll come around eventually. Since you aren't going on a date this Friday, do you want to come and celebrate my birthday with me?" She offered. I sniffled and grinned at her. 

"That sounds fun. What are we doing?" I asked. She blushed and let out a nervous laugh. 

"Well, I am turning 18," She explained. I smiled and nodded for her to continue. "I think I'm going to a club with some friends. Most of them are from school. Some of them are your age, so you won't be alone!" 

I laughed at her flustered expression. She seemed embarrassed that she wanted to go clubbing on her birthday. 

"Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm not judging you, you'll be an adult. I trust that you can make your own decisions," I thanked her. She sent me a grateful smile. 

"I'm really glad you think so. I'm so excited that you're coming!" She giggled, waving goodbye as we parted ways. I was sufficiently perked up with the prospect of plans on my otherwise empty calendar and decided to head home to give my grandma a call. 

---------

"Hi, Grandma!" I chirped into the phone, settling into my couch. 

"Viola! It's been a while since I've heard from you, Sweet! How are you doing?" She asked. I sighed, thinking over everything that had happened in the last month or so since I'd seen her. 

"Okay. I dated that one guy I was telling you about," I supplied. She gasped. 

"Oo! That sounds like a story! Dated?" She asked, making me smile. 

"Yeah, for about a month actually. We're on a break right now because I don't think he trusts me. I thought I would be more upset, but I have a really good friend from work now, and I have my friend Micheal from school. I have a much better support system than I did. I'm doing just fine. I'll be perfectly content to wait until he decides what matters most to him," I informed her. 

"Well that sounds very grown up of you," She commented, giving me her approval. I blushed. 

"Thanks, Grandma. I was actually calling about something else," I redirected.