3.6

One Month Later

"Are you excited about this assignment?" Michael asked while we walked out of our Educating a Multicultural Classroom class. 

We were supposed to study race and how it affects the way different groups of people learn and choose a specific example from our research to back it up. 

"Beyond excited. I read a book called 'Teaching Students in Poverty' last week and it talked a lot about the same issues. I'm already pretty excited about it," I admitted, smiling widely. It also gave me a lot to think about with issues involving Gabriel's pack. There were different races of werewolves, and just like humans there was a past of racism. Weres were a little bit better about getting over those racist notions because pack rankings are a natural occurrence and a high ranking member is chosen before this life, therefore there was no argument to be had about the qualifications one had in regards to race. 

However, it was still something I wanted pack members to be able to celebrate and embrace, as well as educate themselves on. I was excited about this project for multiple reasons. 

"I almost read that one last semester! Is it any good?" Michael asked. 

"It's pretty amazing. You should definitely give it a read," I advised, sliding my laptop and textbook into my backpack. 

"Do you need a ride home?" Michael offered when we were exiting the warm humanities building. I laughed and shook my head. He offered every day but ever since Gabriel had marked me he had wanted to pick me up from campus everyday. 

"Gabriel's picking me up. He'll be around here somewhere," I explained. 

"He takes good care of you. Are you happy?" He asked, stopping me from walking by grabbing my arm. I would have been annoyed by the question but I knew it came from a place of concern. I had told Michael everything about my fear of disappointing people and my need for others to like me so he liked to make sure that I had the correct motivations from time to time. 

"I'm very happy. I take care of him too. We're good for each other," I promised. Michael let go of my arm and just then I felt a warmth on my back and arms were around my waist. Gabriel buried his face in my neck and hair, breathing in deeply. I squealed in surprise. 

"Yes, we are," Gabriel agreed from his position in my neck. I squirmed and turned around to face him. 

"Hello," I whispered, cheeks red from the cold and excitement. I hadn't seen him since he had dropped me off after school yesterday and I had missed my Alpha. 

"I'll leave you two to it," Michael teased, sending me a wave and turning to walk away. 

"I'll text you if I have any questions about the project!" I called after him. He echoed the sentiment and then was gone. The freezing Utah air whisking him away quickly. 

"Hey," Gabriel whispered, pulling away just enough to rub his nose with mine. My eyes shut and I shivered. "Let's get you into the car. I left it running so it would be warm for you."

"Gabe!" I cooed, my heart already warm. "That's so sweet."

"Hey. We take care of each other," He reminded me. I smiled, dimples and all. 

"That's true."

Once we were both seated in the car I knew the drill. I picked if I wanted to go to my house or Gabe's. 

"Gabe?" I held my hands over the warm air vents. 

"Yes?"

"Can I come and do my work at your place? I'd love to help with some pack business when I'm done," I asked, buckling up my seatbelt.