Chapter 6. Forgiveness.

I lingered as long as I could in Charles' embrace until he pulled away.

"I don't normally do that. It just looked like you needed some comfort." He said, sitting down on the grass.
I sat across from him.

"Yes, I haven't been touched in awhile..." I widened my eyes,  "I meant hugged. Like-like... you know what I mean..." I sighed.

Charles chuckled.

"You didn't receive a lot of comfort at home?" Charles asks.

"No... not really. Willow mostly did that and ever since Micah shot her-"

"Can you tell me the story of how it happened? Maybe it was an accident." Charles suggested, fiddling with something in his hands.

"Okay..." I take a deep breath.

"You don't have to if it makes you too upset." Charles quickly adds.

"I tell my friends the whole truth. And I consider you a friend, Charles Smith." I smile slightly.

He nods.

"So me and Willow would take long walks in the snow. We lived in the cold mountains when it happened, just a few months ago. And I remember it started snowing very very hard. Me and Willow could always find our way back by tying strings with beads on certain trees." I say.

Charles looks at me, listening intently.

I sigh and continue,

"When we were almost home I saw a horse shape in the distance.  Willow said to get behind her just in case. When the man was close enough she called out and asked if he was lost. She couldn't even finish her sentence before a loud noise basically ripped through the air and then she was on the ground, eyes motionless and empty except..." I gulped to keep myself steady,  "the man didn't even look at me. Just lead his horse another direction. He killed my sister. It could've been an accident because his muscles did relax a bit after he fired the gun. As if he knew an enemy would be taken out. But...." I look down.

Charles stares at the ground and then at me again.

"I understand why you're angry at him." Charles says softly.

"I would've killed him. First time I saw him. But the reason I didn't is because when I looked in her eyes for the last time her eyes were empty except for the last light that died. Forgiveness over a mistake. She even had a face of peace as she died. Micah was forgiven the second he pulled that trigger. That is why I will not break it." I finish.

"Break what?" Charles asks.

"We have a... code, I guess you could say, and if somebody forgives another that has done them wrong then they are free. No revenge should be taken. Me and Willow made that a long time ago." I smiled a bit at the remembrance of the memory.

It was silent for several minutes.

"You don't blame Micah anymore? Or-"

"Oh I 100% blame that pig. I used to blame the weapon and wanted all of them to be destroyed but then I realized it's the bad ones that use it for evil." I say quickly.

"I see." Charles nods.

It was silent again. This time the sound of paper rustling made me look in his direction.

"Here." He gave me that paper stuff. Money.

"Why?" I ask, taking it.

"You should buy yourself some clothes or... even a gun. Maybe something for the boy." He shrugged.

"You buy clothes?" I tilt my head, putting the money in a sewed on pocket.

"We do anyways." Charles crosses his legs.

"Grandmother made mine. She never got to teach me." I said.

"They look nice. For err... handmade clothes." Charles says.

"Thank you. For that and the money." I smile.

"Of course."

"You are very easy to talk to. You are a nice man." I say.

"Others would disagree that I'm nice." Charles snorts.

"Well they are foolish. You are a kind man, straight from the heart. And strong." I glance at his arms.

"Being strong helps me being kind?" Charles laughs a bit.

"It's definitely good for the eyes."  I look at his eyes.

"I have never met a woman quite as... bold yet innocent as you." Charles says.

"Is that a good thing?" I tilt my head again.

"It's a compliment."

"Thank you." I feel my cheeks heating up.

I feel like Charles is my only true friend.

And I am his....
Friend I mean!

----
Omegggaaa im suh tired! Heres a chapter for ya!

Description of Anika:

Long black hair.
Brown eyes.
Dark skin.
Short deerskin dress.
Barefoot most of the time.
Slight accent

Personality:

Reserved
Shy
Bold once shes comfortable
Easily annoyed.