Chapter 15. Uh oh.

I watched Lee and his little...pet...run around the camp.

Finally, getting tired of the noise, I got up and grabbed Lee by his arm.

"Okay listen..." I started.

"Let g-"

"Shutthefuckup!" I hissed.

"I don't mind if you play but if you run around this camp one more time, so help me gods, I will slap you so hard you won't feel the last remaining brain cells you have!" I finish.

Lee scrunches up his nose and stomps to a small little patch of grass to sit down.

I took a deep breath and got on Spirit. Might as well go look for herbs for the stew I've planned to prepare tonight. Spirit looked eager to go out for awhile.

"Let's go, Spirit." I smiled, instantly feeling better.

---

Grabbing a handful of herbs, I shoved them in a small sack I had sewed out of deerskin and rabbit skin.

I hummed a small tune to myself and felt content. Until...
I heard grass rustling and sniffing. A wolf.
Slowly grabbing my gun I made sure I had a finger on the trigger and then I waited...
And waited...

I turned around quickly and shot, earning a high pitched whine. I smiled in victory until I walked to where the animal went down. I put a hand over my mouth and continued to stare at the fallen animal. Blood coated the ground in a small puddle as I had hit the animal in the throat.

"Oh gods...  I hit him. I hit him." I gasped.

"Lee is gonna be so angry." I mumbled to myself, staring down at the dog. It was Lee's dog.

I put my gun in my holster and put my hands on my head in a worried manner. He just got that stupid dog yesterday and I guess it followed me.
Oh shit, what am I gonna do?!

I quickly hopped on Spirit and rushed to camp.
It sounded like a wolf sniffing to find my scent! It's not like I can tell the difference between a wolf and a dog with just their sniffs!

Once arriving at camp, I hopped off Spirit and tried to find someone to help.

I ran straight into Javier.

"Where's Charles?" I ask quickly.

"He's with Arthur. They're doing something for Dutch. Why what's wrong?" Javier asks, his eyes glancing to look me over.

I returned the flirty glance but quickly remembered why I had came to camp.

"I accidentally shot Lee's pet..." I whispered.

Javier raised an eyebrow.

"Accidentally?" He asked in a hushed tone.

"Yes! I swear it was an accident." I murmur.

Javier scratched the back of his head and then shrugged.

"Nothing much you can do except tell him what happened. Or make up a story. I suggest the truth though." Javier said.

I thought about what he said and rubbed my face.

"Okay okay. But-"

"Or get him-"

"If you say 'get him a new pet' I will slit your throat." I threatened, pointing my finger at him.

Javier closed his mouth and looked to his right then back at me.

"I'm not telling." I shrugged and walked to sit by the campfire.

"Such a good sister." Javier said.

I rolled my eyes.

"So you want me to go and tell him?!" I hissed.
Javier shrugged. I groaned and sat down on the ground. It wasn't even my fault!

Was it?

----
Okay so she has two options:

Tell Lee or Dont.

You guys can choose lol.

Fact about Anika:

I chose her name from an Animal Crossing villager.