Chapter 10. Wolves.

Thank you to Khajiits-Rule for this suggestion!

---

Charles looked at me and smiled a bit.

"I need to go. Me and Arthur are gonna go hunting. Be safe." Charles said.

"Okay." I smiled widely.

I walked back into camp and was almost immediately killed by Lee holding a knife. He jumps out from behind a tree and screams in our language that he's going to cut me up.

I grab Lee's arm and then the knife and threw it next to the camp's fire.

"You little.... mutt! Stop doing things like that." I scold.

Lee doesn't let that get him down.

He jumps up and down pointing at a group of men in the camp.

"Uncle Hosea was taughting me about some treasure in the woods! We gotta go find it!" Lee jumped up and down some more.

"First off: it's teaching not taughting. Second off: there's no treasure." I rolled my eyes.

"Let's go!" Lee tugged my hand, ignoring my heeds.

I groaned. If we go then that means we're gonna have to go deep in the woods where there's no treasure and I'm gonna be sitting by myself while Lee just digs in the dirt telling me what Mr. Hosea said.

Speaking of Hosea he-

"I'm gonna bite you. Let's go, Eagle!" He yanked my hand.

"Okay! Okay!" I gave up and walked with him to Spirit.

---

I helped Lee on and then I hopped on. Tapping Spirit's side belly with my foot we began in a trot out of camp.

"Where are we going?" I ask, annoyed.

"Just in the woods!" Lee smiled.

"Wha-well then that's not how treasure works-"

"IN THE WOODS!!!" Lee screamed.

I slapped his arm for screaming and turned into some woods a little ways away from camp. I followed what looked like an incredibly old pathway and eventually found a torn down camp.
Except blood was everywhere.

"Maybe not here..." I mumbled.

"Here!" Lee pointed to a small spot just twenty steps away from camp.

"Fuuu..." I didn't curse but instead just went to the location Lee wanted.

He wanted to camp here for a few hours he can camp here for a few hours. The blood could've been from a deer. Or something.

---

I sat on a rock, unloading and loading my gun.

I aimed at the dirt and then set it down beside me as Lee dug in the dirt just as I had predicted.

Suddenly Lee pokes his head up and looks at me.

"What's wrong, brother?" I ask.

"I heard something." Lee whispered and ran over to me.

I listened. At first I didn't hear anything and just as I was about to call Lee a confused pup, I heard it.
I hadn't heard it since the mountain.

Wolves.

Dangerously close.

"Lee." I whispered.

"Come here." I ordered.

Lee ran a few steps ahead of me and did the stupidest thing I've ever seen him do. He screamed. He let out a battle cry Father used to do when we were in a tribe. I scoop my gun up and put it in it's holster.

"LEE!" I hissed, grabbing him.

"Fight me!" Lee challenged the wolves.

I hear paws on dirt extremely close. The panting of the wolves and snarls filled my ears as I hear them running closer.

Then I see the first one just as I'm putting Lee on Spirit. I turned around, gun in my hand.

"Lee, go to camp and tell them I need help close by." I order quickly, keeping the gun aimed on the wolf.

"Come with!" Lee said.

"No! They will chase us and spook Spirit. Just go tell Charles or Hosea! Hang onto the mane." I ordered and before he could complain I slapped the horse's croup and she took off in the direction of camp.

Just as I faced the wolf it was closer and now slobbering.
I aimed the gun in a shaky motion and pulled the trigger. It missed and instead of giving me another chance to shoot, it attacked.

I felt the pain soar across my arm as the wolf tore into it. Before the wolf could let go and run for another attack, I grabbed my knife and stabbed it's neck. The wolf let out a yelp but I kept stabbing and stabbing, over and over.

Maybe I should've checked if there was more wolves.

Because the bite I felt dig deeper into the back of my leg confirmed there was more.

I whipped around and shot the wolf in the head. I dropped the gun, hating the kickback.

I ran to a nearby tree and shot up it in a flash.

Four more wolves ran towards me, furious about the death of their pack mates.

I stayed in the trees as they growled and dug at the roots and eventually just laid down and watched me.

My wounds weren't so bad. They'll scar but I'm used to pain. Not in a depressed manner but I mean.... I hunted all my life, I get hurt sometimes.

The sun soon fell and I was beginning to think Lee forgot to say "Hey my sister is being attacked by wolves".  He probably just went to go play with Jack.

I snorted out of frustration and wiped the blood away from my wounds with my hand and leaned back against a limb. My eyes were tired but nobody had come to save me yet.
Just me, wolves, and my knife. My gun was down there. Pretty sure one of them were laying on it.

Then I heard a gunshot fire dangerously close, almost causing me to fall out of the tree.

----

Dis gotta be split into two parts :D

Fact about Anika:

She considers Robin her sister.