Chapter 3

*Play Song*

I laughed at Zane and his big brother, My cheeks still burned slightly but managed to stop laughing.

"If only Adeline was here, she would've done the same to me. "I said Making the blonde boy look at me.

"Your Adeline's little sister?" he asked for clarification, I nodded happily.

"Yup! I'm Y/n. "I said extending my hand to the boy, who shook it gently.

"I'm Garroth, I guess your who Adeline basically calls her daughter. " Garroth smiled softly at me, Zane looked confused on that subject.

"Yeah, she's like a mother to me. Ever since Mom died. "I smiled, they both looked at me in shock.

"My apologies. "Garroth stuttered, as he lowered his head.  Embarrassed.

I smiled at him before brushing it away, "It's fine, it's not your fault cancer killed her. "I said softly as my head lowered.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. "Zane spoke, Causing me to look at him with blurry from tears eyes. Wiping them away quickly with my sleeve I shrugged.

"Like I said, It's fine.  It was years ago. "I smiled reassuringly at them, but it felt like yesterday.  The dark thought crept into my mind.

The silence was probably awkward to them so I changed the subject.

"Anyway, How did you meet Adeline?" I questioned, Resting my chin on my palm. 

Garroth looked at me, before pulling a chair up and sitting down.  "I met her in High School, she was known as the introverted girl of the school. "Garroth said, I nodded.

"I was partnered with her in music, we grew close together.  Until graduation, she went silent.  Meaning I couldn't find her or talk to her. "He said, a brief moment of sadness washed over him.

Before a bright smile went back on his face, "But I later found her again a year almost  ago.  She was a lot different, I learnt she had moved to O'kasis due to personal matters. " Garroth said.

"If you dont mind me asking, what were those matters?" Garroth questioned me, I looked at him with a pang of surprise. 

Adjusting my seat I took a quick drink of my F/D, before sighing softly.

"Adeline Mover back to O'kasis because of our mother, she wanted to be there for me.  Then she planned to go back for her senior year." I started, Earning a small sad look momentarily from Garroth and Zane.

"But she got back together with her ex - Chase.  He ended up abusing her, and treating her like garbage.  I couldn't do anything about it.  "I continued, Feeling the murderous glare of a chase in the memory of that moment.

"But our Dad found out, when he found out some jerk was Abusing his daughter.  He - well I have no clue what he did. But me and adeline never saw him again. " I felt a small smile tug on my face, it was nice to not see that bastard anymore.

"our Dad never told us what he did, just decided to be more watchful in the future.  Next thing I hear, a month late Adeline was pregnant. " I said which made Zane Spit his water out and Garroth look shocked.

I just casually sipped my drink, "She had him while I was a senior in O'kasis. His name is Alaric, he's a Blondie with the most cutest E/c eyes ever. " I smiled happily.

"However I have no idea who the father is, but I have. A sneaking suspicion of someone. " I said calmly, as Garroth and Zane still had a shocked expression.

"I had no clue she is a mother now. "Garroth exclaimed, still shocked that the fact his Ex girlfriend is a mother. 

"Oh I forgot, why did you two Break up in the first place?"I asked, Cause in all honestly I forgot.  They broke up almost 5 years ago.