Chapter 28

Chapter 28

        I finally came to after being surrounded by darkness. I opened my eyes and I was lying down. I was on my couch with a cold wet cloth on my head. I tried to get up.

         "Nope. You stay there. No moving." Cam's voice came from the kitchen. She wasn't even looking at me. "How are you?" She asked taking a knee in front of me.

         "I'm fine." I said still confused. She must have seen my confusion so she proceeded.

          "The jeep flipped because the tire was shot out. You killed the guy before he got to us, but then you blacked out. I came to, and we were still flipped. I got you out of the car and mad a rig so that I turned the car back on its right side. I patched up the tire and drove us home. I can't believe i got the jeep every single spy thing ever buy i forgot bullet proof tires. I am so sorry." Why was sh apoligizing.

          "Cam it's not your fault. Are you okay. i remember everything up to the point of me shooting the guy." i asked her while i cressed her face in my hand. She always looked beautiful even as a greesy muddy mess.

          "Oh yeah I'm fine." She answered a little too fast. i looked her up and down.

        "So you don't mind going on a run with me?" i asked her knowing she was hurt by her voice.

        "You have a major concussion. i don't think you should be running." She tried to stand up, but i grabbed her arm.

       "Cam, there is no way you got out of that crash without an injury." i said finally realizing she wouldn't admit to being hurt.

        "My ankle got stuck under the car. i honestly don't know how i even got out. I think i broke my rib, but i am really okay. And the only reason i am telling you is because i am pretty sure you would search every inch of me if i didnt." She said standing up. i sat up.

         "Come here." i said pulling her onto my lap. "Whats wrong with me searching every inch of you? And besides you shouldn't be walking on that ankle. let me take a look." i said as she put her foot up.  i pulled off her shoe, her feet were always ticklish. "Cam, that is broken. Now let me see your side." She lifted her shirt. Her side was badly bruised. "Yep. that's broken too." i said not letting her get up."Nope u get to stay seated." i said standing up.

         "But Zach you have a major concussion. You need to rest."

         "Looks like we are both pretty beat up." I said with a chuckle. "Let me at least wrap you up, and the CIA just texted me. They got Ryan and are interrogating him as we speak. They want us to come in. Are you up for it?" i asked.

        "Sure."