Do you love her Fp?

This is based on the promo from episodes 15 and this is my take on it.
....................

Alice was on her way to Fp's birthday party. She was meant to be there earlier but a few things with the farm came up. She parked the car and got out.

She walked into pops where there stood two girls in the way to the speakeasy. They looked her over before making way for her.

She walked down the stairs. She was met by buzzing and quite a few people. She spotted Fp in a booth and her smile grew. She couldn't really go to him as his son and her daughter was seated beside him. As she stood at the bottom of the stairs the light went out and everyone got silent. She saw light coming from a corner she couldn't see and heard singing. She knew that voice. The voice grew louder and soon Gladys came into view. Alice smile disappeared at the sight of the woman. She saw Gladys come closer to Fp and the rest of the group jumped into the singing. Old friends and serpents were all there. She could see Jughead and a girl she assumed was Jellybean smiling big. Gladys placed the cake in front of Fp.
He blew out the candles and the crowd erupted in applause.
- Happy birthday Fp, Gladys said and bent down and kissed him.
- Thanks, Gladys, Fp gave a weak smile.
Alice watched from where she was standing at the bottom of the stairs. She felt like someone had poured a bucket of ice cold water over her when she saw them. Tears were threatening to spill down. She watched as Gladys sat down close to Fp. They were so near, too near. Neither then or the kids had noticed her. She turned around and rushed up for the stairs. Unknowingly that Gladys had actually seen her and then decided to give her husband a kiss. Gladys looked towards the stairs as Alice rushed up and smiled and turned to her husband.

Alice rushed out and bumped into the girls on her way out but didn't care. She walked into her car and let her tears fall down. Gladys was back and he had chosen her. Both Alice and Fp hadn't seen each other for a while as both had been really busy. Alice with the farm and Fp with his new job and the serpents. And apparently, his wife that he had failed to mention was back in town. She had yet again been rejected by the man she loved. What had she done wrong this time? She sat there alone in her car for a time calming down before driving away.

It was the day after his birthday party. It had been a surprise party. He had known about Gladys shady business and were trying to come close to her. What he hadn't expected was that she would have kissed him like that out in public. And he knew now, he did not like the kiss. Or like being around Gladys really, not like how he wanted to be around a certain blond who wouldn't answer his calls.

He was sitting doing his paperwork when the door to his office opened. He stood up and locked eyes with blue sad eyes.
- Alice
- Why didn't you tell me?
- Tell you what?
- That your wife is back in town.
He stared at her.
- I'm sorry
- I saw you and her at the party.
The kiss. She saw the kiss. He decided then what to do, even if it would hurt both him and her. He couldn't have her roped into the illegal affairs Gladys was doing.
- Do you love her Fp? Her voice was so small and full of sadness. He could see and hear the pain in her voice.
He looked down and didn't answer the question.
- You do, don't you?
He looked up at her.
- I d.. It's complicated Alice.
- Why?
His heart broke at her voice. He walked around the desk and stood in front of her.
- I thought we had something good.
- We did
- Then what has changed
He could see the tears in her eyes as she cupped his cheeks with her hands.
- She is the mother of my children Alice, what do you expect me to do.
Her eyes got even sadder and she took a step back. He immediately lost the warmth of her touch.
- What about me?
- What do you mean?
He wasn't sure what she was referring to.
- I'm also the mother of your child, she said her voice breaking.
He had messed up. He mentally slapped himself.
- I didn't mean like that.
- No, it's okay, you never knew him or held him, and I kept it a secret, I'm sorry.
- No Alice
Fp put his hands on her shoulder and held her tight
- Please I didn't
- leave it be
She shrugged his hands off her shoulders and took another step back.
They stood there for a while just looking at each other.
- Answer my question, do you love her?
- I said it's complicated.
- It can't be so complicated, you love her or not.
- Alice
- It's either her or me, she pinned him down with her gaze.
She turned around and walked towards the door. Her hand was on the door handle when she heard him speak.
- What about you?
She turned around and faced him.
- What about me.
- You have changed so much, your clothes, your style, your personality.
- What?
- The farm has changed you.
Alice rolled her eyes.
- Don't be like Betty.
- Betty is a smart girl.
- They have helped me.
- Have they?
- Yes
- And what, I couldn't do that?
She didn't answer him.
- You to me to choose, now I'm making you choose.
- Choose what?
- Me or the farm?
- You're not serious?
- I am, me or the farm, me or Edgar?
- You can't make me choose! She snapped
- But I just did.
She looked at him, her face shocked.
Fp walked to his desk and sat down.
- When you have an answer you can hear my answer to your question, I already have an answer, tell me your answer and I will give you the truth.
He meant it. He would tell her about Gladys, he would tell her his love for her. But he needed to know what she felt, who she would choose.
He didn't know about her near death or how really deep and stuck she was in the farm.
He looked up at her. Looked straight into her eyes. Alice was the one to break contact. She turned around and was out the door. Fp let out a sight and put his head in his hands. That woman would kill him someday. But he couldn't forget the pain and sadness in her eyes and wondered if what he did was the right choice.