I almost DIED......

3|Chapter

Hayley's POV

Finally, we arrived at the Modelling Competition and I left Keira to find Jack for some... Alone time. Well that's what she said.

I decided that since I still had an hour left I could wonder around make new friends in replacement of Jack and the gaping hole he'll leave behind.

I didn't want to bear the pain of losing him but I have to. I can't even imagine what my sister is going through. And she loves him.

'Keira, I'm going for a look around. You can call me whenever you need me, or if you see Jack. Okay!' I said to Keira awkwardly.

Jack was always an awkward subject, especially since she likes him.

'Sure, I'll call you as soon as I see him.'
Keira said blushing furiously. She was so obvious, but that's what Jack loves about her.

'See you later then.' I said waving goodbye to her.

With that I set off in exploring the festive grounds. It's like a festival as well as a modelling competition. There were book signing and small concerts happening all at once. I've never felt so free. As well as I've never really been to a festival like this was smiled so much as I happily spent my hard earned money for books I've only been dreaming of reading; greeting authors' I've been dying to meet and much more. ( Even some personal shopping ).

Then, I decided to go through the trouble of watching a model walk down a catwalk. As if I could ever get that figure. I was so jealous like every other teen, but it's not because I want all the boys ogling at me like that. I may not have big boobs or that nice of a figure, damn even a nice butt. But I never asked to be ugly.

Or fat!

Like, even my sister is better looking than me. Rolling my eyes, I sauntered away looking back with jealously. Bizarrely, I caught this cute, dark haired guy kinda squinting at me, as if I looked like someone he knew. Like anyone would like to know me, sadly.

Doubtfully, I turned down an Alley way corner hitting someone with a great force, I began to apologise but this weirdo looked at me in a strange way.

Trepidation circulated my body with my blood, I could feel myself shaking intensifying with every creepy step this person took. Grinning, the person took off their hoody to reveal a man.

A frightening man if I may say so myself.

He had a long scar across his face; a messed up, squishy face. All of his features were squashed together while he was sneering down at me.

Not the most attractive look.

He reached down towards me smirking with that hideous face of his, spitting these words out his mouth, 'Guess I found the jackpot. And your the jackpot, baby, '.

Grimacing, I spat back at him saying, 'I'm not your jackpot. Who do you think you are. Don't touch me or ever call me baby ever again. Y-You f-freak! Leave me alone!!! ' I screamed.

'Shut up you dog, ' he shouted at me kicking me in the jaw.
'Don't you know that your the so-called dead model everyone's been talking about. You sure look like it. But it seems like you only have a mild case of amnesia. That's why your THE jackpot, baby. I could sell you for some serious money. And they said that your dead. Liars! I might even keep you. Be my slave and toy in all.' he cackled into the afternoon sun.

Stuffing in me into an uncomfortable, thatched sack, he began to haul me away until I heard a voice. His voice.
That, definitely jogged my memory.
'I'm here to save you, Everest. I thought it might be you before, but I wasn't sure. It's been a long time. Long time no see. I've missed you.' he said smiling warmly at me. I poked my head out of the sack that the weird guy dropped. I cocked my head and raised my eyebrows. I don't know him. Or I think I don't?