Chapter 1

(Rin's POV)

"Rin-sama, your father has told me to tell you that he wants to talk to you." My butler said. I sighed and placed my hairbrush down, went my way down stairs to the living room where my Father was waiting. I just hope he's not in a bad mood.

My name is Rin Kagamine and I live with my Father and Mother. I'm the only child and we three live in wealth and traditional unfair family rule that seems to be cursing us.

My Father holds on many business, so he spends most of his time doing his work and spends his free time talking to me and Mother with a cup of tea. My Mother was from another rich family and was arranged to marry father for the sake of passing on family. But at least they fell in love, making me wonder if my own fiancee and I will fall in love too. She is very pretty and has a nice body that other people could envy of and she likes to give me everything from sweets to diamond earrings.

After my parents had their wedding, Mother gave birth to me. That was when I probably had the biggest party made for me. In my family photo album, you'll see a picture of my family crowding around me for a picture with me wearing a dazzling dress, sitting in front of my towering birthday cake.

As years passed, my parents then divorced for a brief moment. They both wanted me as I was the only heir, so they fighted until years later, they stopped because Father gave up that ended the fight. Then my parents were together again.

As I grew, I enjoyed the times everyone was kind to me and gave me all these yummy sweets, toys and things, until when I turned seven, I stopped sleeping with my parents, stopped doing whatever I like to do and began to sleep alone, get scolded, given more school works, watched over more and be expected lots from. But my Mother still never stopped giving me kisses and hugs which is nice.

I knock on the door and open it. My father was facing the fireplace with his hands behind his back and doing that cold expression. "Yes, Papa?" I said. "Your grandmother has invited us to visit and stay over at her place for two weeks. Now, I want you to get dressed nicely and wait outside in the car for me when you are finished." he said. His low voice always shudders me, but at least he's not mad. Today at least. It's like walking on ice around him.

"Yes, Papa." I replied.

Slumping on the stool at my dresser table, I stared at my reflection in the mirror sadly. If only there was more in life than gowns, money and scary parents. The doors opened and my maids walked in to dress me and open my walk in wardrobe filled with neatly piled with various of designer dresses, stockings, knee socks, garterbelt, high heels, shoes, jackets and coats, tops.. and every cute and beautiful styles of designer clothes. I know my wardrobe is huge but I think I'd like to trade that to be free to do as I wish.

When I finally get dressed and get my makeup done, Father yelled from outside "RIN! Are you done?! You should be finished already!!" I jumped in fright and quickly spray on my favourite perfume on my wrist and collar bone before rushing out as fast as I can.

Father was now grumpy. All because I couldn't dress like superman. "I apologize, Father!!" I say and sit in the car as the servants loaded my suitcase into the ca. My hands shake adrenaline. Is that normal? Father sat next to me, and Mother sat the other side as I nervously shuffled my feet. The whole ride I sat silently as usual as my parents chatted away in their boring business conversations over my head. Money this, the employer said that--blah blah blah. It's so boring to hear the same topic conversations.