Chapter 9

(Rin's POV)

My head was numb and my eyebrows frowned from the migraine like a swirling storm and sat up from my bed for the fifth time to get a pill, only to suddenly see that I was back at my house in my room alone and my head felt fine like as if I was actually alright in the first place. "What happened?" I thought, sighing until I I thay I was wearing a white over skirt chiffon gown. I stood up and twirled around. The moonlight shone out of the window, and I saw that it was shoning on a letter.

I opened it and read it.

Dear Lady,

I write this personal letter to you as I'd like to invite you to the royal ball tonight and wish to see you there.

Your Sincerely,

Prince Len of the Castrolio Empire.

Len? What was this letter even for?

I stop to hear horse galloping from outside, so I grabbed a fur coat that was hanging on my bed next to me, and went outside to see a beautiful white carriage come and stopped in front of me. The door opened, which seemingly was waiting for me, so I cautiously went inside and sat on the velvet cushion seat.

The masked coachman whipped and the horses weighed loudly as the carriage started to move. I didn't know what was going on, but I strangely felt like I did know as if I was put into someone's body. I looked outside the window and watched the carriage drive through the between the rows of tall trees, that replaced the roads that was once there. I became closer and closer to thebbrught light ahead of me in the opening in then distance that blinded me with its bright light before I opened my eyes again to see a beautiful palace surrounded by fireworks and luminous lights.

When we reached the palace and the carriage stopped, the carruage door opened by itself so I stepped out carefully and handed my letter to the guard that stood at the doors. He examined it and opened the doors and gates for me, where I could hear loud cheery music inside. I went up the stairs, into the doors, through the mirror filled walls of the corridor and widened my eyes at the sight that beheld in front of me. The pretty sparkling chandeliers hung from the ceiling, decorations decorated through out the palace, everyone dressed so dazzlingly, princesses around the world dancing in a circle to the merry music and nobles and aristocrats sat by the fountains and chairs in conversations.

I walked down the grand staircase and suddenly felt someone touch my hand in my side. I looked and Len, dressed so dazzlingly in his white uniform, smiled up to me from below. "Lady Rin, I had been waiting for you. May I dance with you?" Len asked. I couldn't help but blush and nodded, going down the stairs until we finally stood together at the bottom.

He took me to the middle of the ballroom and held one of my hand high and his other hand around my waist, and I placed my free hand on his shoulder, swiftly dancing along to the music. I stared at his face I wonder if all this real and I had only been having a bad dream all this time, from dreaming all day to finally leave the castle after being tormented from parental figures for years. He smiled down at me, making my heart beat faster.

When the time strikes 12, you must go back home or you will turn into your normal appearance, back where you were all so miserable and filled with hopelessness.... I don't know what it meant, but I was so frightened that I quickly took my hands off Len's hand and stepped back from him. "I'm so sorry, Len......but I have I must go now!" I said and ran off.

I ran down the stairs even though Len called my name and ran after me. "My lady, wait! Please don't leave yet!!" I was going fast as I could but then I felt my glass slipper fell off my foot. I wanted to stop, but I had to keep going in desperation. Your time is up now, Cinderella. It was that voice again! I wanted to know what they wanted from me, but my body kept running away as if I had been chased by it.....when I was younger, to recieve my punishment of life.....of something...........only to be spared and given a chance to go to the ball that I dreamt of going.