A Demonstration and Proposition

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Love in Reality is a romantic comedy screenplay.  Screenplays involve some weird formatting, but I've tried to adjust things to make it easy to read on wattpad.  Hope this works out okay, and enjoy!

---

FADE IN:

INT. TELEVISION STUDIO - BACKSTAGE – DAY

The lights are dim. Men and women move about with a purpose, readying themselves to go live. DAVID VERDIN, a confident man in his mid-thirties, walks in. The women preparing seem happy to see him, while the men look irritated.

 INT. TELEVISION STUDIO – ONSTAGE

There's an audience in stadium-style seating around a brightly lit small stage with a demonstration table. A DEMONSTRATOR stands behind it with a beautiful woman standing off to the side. Another woman is holding a mirror for the Demonstrator while he fixes his hair. David comes up behind him and places his hand on the Demonstrator's shoulder.

DAVID VERDIN

I'll take it from here.

The Demonstrator leaves and David takes his place.

DIRECTOR (O.S.)

5...4...3...2...1!

DAVID VERDIN

Are you tired of washing your car by hand? Tired of shelling out cash to take your car through the gas station car wash? Or even sick of paying charities five dollars to have their children soap down your windshield while you sit awkwardly in the driver's seat? Of course you are. I know I was. That's why I came up with this.

 He brings a bulky contraption, about the size of a watermelon, out from under the counter.

DAVID VERDIN

The Sprinkle-Wash. The bottom attaches easily onto your sprinkler head.

David brings a sprinkler head out from under the counter and tries to attach the Sprinkle-Wash to it. He succeeds after some effort.

DAVID VERDIN

There you are. Now, using our easy-to-follow manual – it's all pictures, folks, no reading to do - set it for light wash, medium wash, or super wash. Park your car in the driveway, turn on your sprinklers, and voila! Your car is washed without any work on your part.

The crowd applauds.

DAVID VERDIN

Want to water your lawn again? Just pull the Sprinkle-Wash off...

David tries to pull the Sprinkle-Wash off of the sprinkler head. It sticks. He PULLS harder, and the bottom part of the sprinkler head flies out and hits the wall. The top of the sprinkler head is still inside the Sprinkle-Wash. David quickly sets the contraption down.

DAVID VERDIN

...and you're ready to go.

 The crowd applauds again. Behind the camera, ROBERT, a middle-aged man, shakes his head.

INT. TELEVISION STUDIO – BACKSTAGE – LATER

David fiddles with the Sprinkle-Wash and the sprinkler head, trying to figure out how they come together and pull apart.

ROBERT

You twist it.

David TWISTS the Sprinkle-Wash. Nothing happens.