The Dating Begins

INT. MANSION – ENTRYWAY – DAY

The women are gathered, waiting, hands clasped, giggling and excited – all except Tessa, who exudes the same calm she always does. They're all dressed up, many in semi-revealing clothing. Claire walks into the group late. She sidles up to Tessa.

CLAIRE LE MAYES

What's going on? Did I miss something? 

TESSA JONES

First group date.

She glances over at Claire, who is casually dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. 

TESSA JONES

Didn't they tell you?

CLAIRE LE MAYES

Yes, but I guess I didn't expect everyone to be quite so...worked up about it.

TESSA JONES

Darling, when's the last time you had a date with someone you really liked?

Claire thinks to herself.

CUT TO:

INT. CLAIRE'S PARENTS' HOUSE – LIVING ROOM - DAY

Claire sits next to a cute NERDY BOY on the living room floor, in front of the couch. She's dressed in high-waisted jeans, her t-shirt tucked into the waistband. Her hair is pulled into a ponytail, crimped, and held with a scrunchie. Claire and the nerdy boy are looking at a comic book together. The nerdy boy flips a few pages.

NERDY BOY

See, I think this is the best part. Just when Electroman believes all is lost, he remembers the amulet Newtgirl gave him. And this makes him also realize that he can't defeat Dr. Amputato alone, that he needs Newtgirl by his side.

The nerdy boy shrugs.

NERDY BOY (CONT'D)

I know, it's cheesy.

Claire looks at him.

CLAIRE LE MAYES

No, I think it's actually kind of...romantic.

Cue the over-the-top romantic music. They lean closer. They kiss. Then they both open their eyes as they realize – their braces are stuck together. They try to pull apart, unsuccessfully.

CLAIRE LE MAYES

(through the side of her mouth)

Moooooom?! 

CUT BACK TO:

INT. MANSION – ENTRYWAY – DAY

CLAIRE LE MAYES

It wasn't...it wasn't that long ago.

Tessa gives her a knowing look. The host, John, comes into the room, followed by the cameraman.

JOHN

I'm so glad all of you could be here today. This afternoon's date will be taking place at a winery.

The women jump and clap their hands together in excitement, as if they've all won a prize on a game show. John opens the front door and steps to the side.

JOHN (CONT'D)

After you, ladies. The Man of Your Dreams awaits.

The women rush out the door, leaving Tessa and Claire to exit last.