Chapter 12

"Are you still interested in the web-design course?" I asked Anitha.

It was Tuesday night. After dinner at our home, I was walking with her to drop her back at her home. The road was flooded with yellow lighting from bright sodium lamps on either side. There were only a few vehicles on the road.

"I don't know. I'm interested. But I don't know if I can do it now."

"mmm."

"What do you think, uncle?"

"You may think about it after a week or two."

"Okay."

We were nearing her home.

Anitha said, "I'll come to your home daily, uncle."

"That's your home."

"Twice a day."

"As you please."

Before entering her home, I asked her, "I know you know the three Rules you have learnt in these three days. You are smart enough. But, for my satisfaction, I want to hear the same from you now."

"Of course, uncle. One, malice will make my life a mess. Two, there is nothing to fear in life; for, all the requirements of my soul will certainly be fulfilled. Third, I should accept what has happened in my life; for there is a reason why my soul sought for it."

"Perfect. Go in. I'll talk to your dad for a few minutes and leave."

She went in.

Ram was sitting in the front courtyard. I talked with him for a while and returned home.

I had to reply to some office mails. After finishing them, I checked my personal mail inbox. Notification mail from facebook declared Anitha had updated. I clicked on it to go to her post.

She had posted an image of sea taken from a boat showing the shore with a lighthouse. She had typed above the image, "I am blessed. I found the lighthouse after swimming for six months in the dark groping for the shore. Of course, there are miles to go before I reach the shore but I know where to go. And I am lucky too. I am given a motor boat as well. I no longer need to swim. Just get on the boat and direct it to the shore guided by the triple revolving lamps of the lighthouse. Thank You for everything."

I smiled and clicked on the like button.