Chapter 8 - Belongs To Me

Caleb Lemiere

I sat inside my car and yes, I acted like a pathetic man earlier. I don't know what got me acting like but I was acting like a mad man. I closed my eyes and sighed.

I admitted that I hurted and 2 years passed without any interaction. I guess I still can't find a girl like her to replace her presence. Today, I've realize how hurt she is because of me. She doesn't even want to be in the same place and even breath the same air.

"It's always been you.. it's always belong to you, Serena." I know that I really meant it but I guess giving her more space will be the best decision. I took out my phone and dialed my dad's phone number.

"Hey dad.. where are you?" I asked.

"Hey buddy, I'm at the new building. Why? Is your mom mad about me changing the couch?" He asked and it made me chuckle.

"No.. I just want to talk to you. I'll see you there."

"I'm at the top." He stated and I ended the call. I drove my car towards the new Gold Lifes building with a lot of thoughts inside my head. I know that Serena's hurting but she's not alone. If she thinks that I'm not struggling, she's wrong. I felt the same but I admitted that it was my fault.

I gave my car to the valet chauffer and I go straight to the lift. I slide my Gold Card to go to the top. I leaned to the lif wall waiting for the lift to go up to the top. When I arrived at the top, I saw my dad at the balcony looking at the beautiful view of New York.

"Hey dad." I said and he turned to me.

"Hey buddy, enjoying the event?" He asked and I chuckled dryly.

"Well.. not really."

"So.. What's up? Is there something wrong?" He asked as he turned his body facing me but still leaning to the balcony.

"Can I take over the company in Canada?" I asked and my dad looked at me confuse.

"What's wrong with New York?" He asked and I sighed.

"It's complicated."

"Well.. Morris said he's going to arrange marriage her." He said and I nodded.

"Yeah."

"And you're going to runaway?"

"She's hurt, dad. I did that and I don't want to make it more worse." I said truthfully and my dad chuckled dryly.

"What if she gets married?"

"Well.. that's why I want you to do me a favor." I said and he raised his eyebrows waiting for me to continue.

"Let me live in Canada for 3-4 years. I don't want any press to follow or even talk about me in media. I want to live away from it and I can promise you that I will not make any trouble." I said and he still gives me the look.

"If she gets married?" I repeated my dad's question and he nodded.

"3-4 years sounds short but it's a perfect time for people to move on and start a new life.. Just like you planning to go to Canada. It's opening a new page, Caleb." He reminded me.

"Then watch her for me, prevent her to get married with other people."

"Caleb, that's your job not mine." My dad chuckled a bit.

"I don't know if I can do that without trying to kill someone." I said and he patted my shoulder.

"I give my genes to you so well.."

"She needs time, that's all." I said and my dad nodded.

"I'll watch her for you, well.. not technically me but someone will and you need to hear the update whether you like it or not." He said and I nodded.

"Another reminder, Caleb.. 3-4 years, people's feeling can change and by you're disappearing won't make the situation better but it will be more worse for you." He added.

"We both need time."

"Well.. if you think that's a good choice then do it. I won't stop you but you should talk to your mom about it. She might not understand it right away but give her time to think."

"Will do, dad." I said and when I was planning to go.. my dad stopped me with a question.

"Do you love her?" He asked and that made my lips stuck to each other.

"Because I think you do. You're willing to move to Canada just to give her space but I just want to give you a little advice. Running away for a long time and give her space won't make the relationship better. 1-2 years is enough, Caleb."

"Thanks, dad. I will think it through again." I said and walked inside. I got into the lift and back to the lobby to get my car. I called Zion, her brother to have a talk. He's at our private bar so.. it's 5 minutes away.

I drove there and parked right in front of the bar. The guards let me in and I found Zion talking with Chase and others. He saw me and smiled but I gestured him to follow me to the private room.

"Is everything okay? You don't look okay." Zion said as he walked in. I shook my head and gestured him to sit.

"I'm moving to Canada." I stated and his eyes widen.

"Why are you only telling me? The guys are ou-"

"They will know about it soon but I want you to do me a favor." I said.

"Serena, isn't it?" He asked and I nodded.

"You hurted her, Caleb."

"Yes, I admit that and I'm going to move to Canada for awhile to give her some space because she hates my presence."

"And what kind of favor that you want me to do?" He asked and the moment when he asked me that. I feel selfish. I wanted to give her space but still wanting her not to have any guys around.

"If you're asking me to get rid of the guys around her, I won't do that. She's already grown up and you too. If you're willing to give her space than you should let her go completely."

"I just want you to tell me how is she doing once in a while because you're the closest person that can tell me about her condition." I said and he looked at me seriously.

"She's getting married, Caleb."

"I notice that."

"If you try to stop her wedding, I will kill you."

"Can't promise anything now, Zion. I might be wrong and acting like an asshole now but.. I have still have the confident that she's still belongs to me"