Chapter 27 - Hiding

Caleb Lemiere

I walked into the ballroom and go straight to find Serena. Where is she? I've missed her so much. She went to LA for a meeting there for 3 days and I hate it. I looked around to look for her and my eyes caught her talking with Athena. She looks so beautiful tonight and she still makes me crazy everytime I see her.

I walked towards her from the back and backhugged her. I kissed her cheek and she smiled seeing me.

"Hey babe." I said.

"Hey handsome."

"Ugh.. I'm outta here." Athena said glaring at me. I waved at her and she left. I turned back to Serena and she turned her body fully to me.

"I miss you so much.. it's killing me." I said and she chuckled.

"I miss you too." She gave me a kiss on my cheek.

"So.. will you stay at my place tonight? You already leave me for 3 days, you have to pay that." I said as I touched her nose.

"Uhmm.. okay.." She said but I heard hesitation from her tone. I raised my eyebrows and she turned her attention to the event.

"OMG.. I love this song." She said and I'm still confuse with her behavior. When I go abroad for 2 or 3 days or maybe she's the one who leave, she will always be clingy to me when we see each other but today seems something is off.

We both walked to out seat and the food starts to come to out tables. I sat her favorite food which is raw salmon, I immediately took 2 pieces and put it in front of her. She looked at it and then she turned to me.

"Your favorite, love. Thank me later.." I said and she laughed dryly.

"Honey, I don't really like raw salmon anymore." She said and she put it on my plate. I looked at her weirdly and she smiled.

"I just.. I'm not in a mood for raw food right now." She said and I nodded. After that kobe steak was served in front of us and of course I'm excited to dig in but suddenly Serena put her plate beside mine.

"Babe, Kobe beef is your favo-" She was covering her mouth when I turned to her to protest that Kobe Beef was one of her favorite meat.

"Serena, are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine, I just had a fever last night." She said and I put my hand to her forehead.

"Let's go home, you have to rest." I said and she stopped me.

"I'm fine." She said and she started to look around trying find someone.

"Who are you trying to find?" I asked and she seems to find that person. She got up from her seat walking away from me. I watched her walking towards Zion, she's saying something to him and he tried to calm her down. I got up from my seat and walked to her.

"Is everything okay? Babe.. I can take you home." I said and Zion just gestured me to shut up. Okay this is getting weirder.

"Can you tell me what's wrong? You clearly blowing me off tonight." I said asking Serena and she just looked down.

"Serena?"

"She had a fever last night, Caleb. She's not feeling well." Zion said.

"Let me take you home." I said and suddenly she wanted to puke. Zion quickly brought her out and I followed her. My heart was racing panickly. She was throwing up at the toilet and Zion was the one who patted her back. I mean I don't mind because that's her brother but something's off.

"I ate too much cake last night and I had a fever.. don't worry, I'm fine." She said to me trying to calm me down.

"You can tell me and we can go to the hospital to get-"

"I'm fine!" She cut me and that made me suspicious right away.

"Serena, are you hiding something from me?" I asked her in a careful tone.

"She's just sick, Caleb. You don't need to be an asshole." Zion bursted angrily and I turned to Zion glaring.

"I'm asking Serena, Zion." I said and I turned to Serena again.

"Are you hiding something from me? You were not answering my text that often anymore and everytime I called you.. you keep making excuses." I said and Serena turned to Zion, it was like she's asking help from her brother. That got me.. she doesn't want to tell me.

"Serena, you need to tell me if there's something wrong." I said and suddenly someone walked into the toilet. I gestured them to get out and locked the toilet.

"Serena-"

"I'm pregnant." She said and my eyes widen. I felt my whole body turn numb. My breath got shorter and I held on to the wall holding my body.

"I know you don't want a baby now and-"

"You're hiding it from me? Until when were you planning to hide it from me? Until I notice your baby bump?" I bursted angrily.

"Because I know you still don't want a baby!" She bursted and I turned to Zion. He sighed and I closed my eyes.

"Why did you think that I don't want the baby?" I asked in a calm tone.

"I don't know. You left me when I told you that I love you for the first time. I don't want you to leave me again just because I have your baby." She said and she starts to cry. My heart broke when I saw her cry. I hugged her right away and she bursted out crying hard.

"I can't believe that you never told me that you're pregnant. Of course I want the baby.. " I said and I hugged her tightly.

"I thought you will hate me and leave me alone again." She said sobbing.

"I won't. You're so stupid for thinking that I will leave you and throw the baby away." I said as I caressed her head.

"Sorry." She said and I kissed the top of her head.

"Take your time.." I heard Zion said and he walked out. I looked down to Serena and cupped her face.

"That's why you don't want to eat raw food huh?" I asked and she nodded.

"When did you find out?"

"A week ago." She said.

"How many weeks?"

"7 weeks." She said and I smiled. I leaned my head down to kiss her. I hugged her again and I swear to myself that I will.. I will never let this girl go.

"Well.. I told you that tempura is in your tummy." I said and she smacked my stomach hard.