Straight From the Heart

Tina laughed as Zeke, red faced, screwed back his arm and let loose the ball.

"Sorry buddy." The Carnie grinned, showing off what was left of his teeth. "No luck tonight."

"Alright." Tina stepped in Zeke's place, the heat radiating off his body washed over her, his scent invading her sense. "Ready to see a master at work?"

The carnie just grinned, Zeke moved to the side as Tina brought the ball eye level, her gaze turned to the target.

"Don't forget," She all but whispered as she took a deep breath in, releasing it as she pitched. "I grew up here." The pile of bottles fell apart as she picked up another ball, her fist tight around it as she zeroed in on her target and released. The cacophony of falling bottles drowned out whatever Zeke was muttering, the awe apparent on his face.

She grabbed her last ball, bringing it up when a hand wrapped around her wrist. Loose, she could easily have pulled away. Curiously she turned to Zeke, immediately reacting to the emotion in his eyes, radiating off his body. His other hand settled gently at her waist - no pressure, no coercion. He took a half step forward and lowered his mouth to hers. Electricity shot through her body at the contact. It wasn't unpleasant, it wasn't powerful and world changing - a comfortable, exciting thrum steadily pulsating under her skin. She dropped the ball, her arms wrapping around his neck as he hoisted her against him. She smiled against his lips as he swung her back and forth.

"Zeke." She giggled, pushing on his chest as he lowered her, gently waiting for her to get her footing before releasing her body. "I'm probably not going to make this last throw - you've distracted me." she picked the ball up off the ground, ignoring the rolling eyes of the man running the booth.

Zeke couldn't get the grin off his face. She had felt so good in his arms. And best yet, she'd gone willingly. She could have pulled away, told him to stop.

But she hadn't.

She'd laughed. She'd laughed against his lips.

God it had felt so good. She had tasted even better than he'd thought - though that was probably just infatuation. It would wear off in time. Eventually the lingering taste of beer, corn dogs, and cotton candy wouldn't be so damn erotic. One day. Probably. He ran a shaking hand through his hair, pulling the curls back out of his eyes. The humidity being so near the ocean again was wreaking havoc on his usual 'do, a much more tame version of the fluffy mass it was now. Tina finally threw the ball, managing to knock four of the fifteen bottles over.

"Damn." She tsk'd, turning to catch his gaze, kicking one foot behind her ankle and grabbing the toy from the carnie before pulling beside him and walking silently.

"I grew up here too." He finally commented, still buzzing. His hand absently finding hers, intertwining their fingers. "But I ain't that good at these games-"

"You're forgetting Louise is my sister." Tina reminded him. "The trick is to aim for the middle bottom. They've got it all rigged here. And we've figured all the games out. We were banned for a year when Louise took it personally that she didn't win a toy." Tina chuckled, running her thumb absently over Zeke's hand.

His heart raced at the contact. It was going to be a long night if he couldn't control himself, his emotions. He had to reign them in. Her words sank in and he jolted, catching her sideways gaze. A grin stretched over her mouth as the realization set in.

"You cheated!" Zeke laughed loud, from the bottom of his diaphragm.

Tina loved it. The thought startled her, making her suddenly aware of how close they were, of them holding hands. Of her thumb circling, arousingly from her experience, over his skin in gentle teasing brushes.