Chapter 2

After crying for about fourty five minutes, Jack decided that he had to find Ralph. He stood up and thought for a few moments.

Okay, alright, Jack thought, Where would Ralph go right now?

Jack knew that Ralph was close with a number of people, but most likely, he would either go talk to Piggy or Simon. Ralph wasn't really the type to go out or get drunk over a mishap.

Jack decided to try Piggy first; even if Ralph wasn't with Piggy, Piggy could be a good help because of his intelligence. Jack, despite his arrogance, could admit that, although he still thought the pudgy boy was very annoying.

Jack pushed down his emotions as best as he could and called Piggy.

"Hello?" Jack could hear Piggy's voice through the phone.

"Hey, it's Jack. Do you by chance know where Ralph is?"

"No, I don't. Why? Is he missing?"

"No, no, he just... I-I'll tell you later."

"Well, now you've got me all worried, Jack. Please tell me."

"Listen, Piggy, I have to find him."

Jack heard Piggy sigh through the phone and rolled his eyes.

"Fine," Piggy exhaled, "If he's not here with me then he's most likely with Simon, I would guess. Though, Roger is there, so I'm not quite sure."

"Yeah, I already figured that," Jack said nervously, then continued, "And don't bad mouth Roger, he's cool."

"Alright, Merridew. Call me back when you find him."

"Okay, I'll try to remember. Bye."

"Wait! One more thing."

Jack clenched his jaw and sighed, "What is it?"

"Good luck."

Jack's stance softened.

"Thanks, Piggy."

With that, Jack hung up. Then, he searched his phone for Simon's contact. With his finger hovering over the call button, he hesitated.

What if Simon didn't pick up? What if he didn't know where Ralph was?

Simon was Jack's last hope. If Simon didn't have him, Jack had no idea where Ralph would be.

He sighed and pressed the call button.

***

Simon was snapped out of his thoughts by the ringing of his cell phone. He jumped, resulting in the blonde boy sitting in his arms to jump as well. Even though the blonde was taller than Simon, Simon could still hold him.

Simon checked the caller ID on his phone and wasn't too surprised to see who it was, but wasn't sure if he should answer or not. Of course, he should, as to not make the caller, Jack, worry or get even more aggressive. However, he was trying to comfort the guy's lover, or past lover, right now. Roger was also there comforting the now known blonde boy, Ralph, but Simon didn't know if it would be enough. He did trust Roger, though, so it would probably be enough for the time being.

"Ralph, hey, I really gotta take this call. I'll be right back," the black haired boy said. Ralph sniffed and nodded, so Simon ran upstairs quickly to take the call.

"Hello?" Simon sighed.

"Simon, thank god, it's me, Jack."

"Yep, I know it's you, Jack."

"Okay," Jack spoke, sounding confused, but continued, "Listen, do you know where Ralph is?"

"Yes, I know where Ralph is."

"Can you tell me where?"

"I don't know. Jack, he's hurt. I know you want to see him, but I'm not so sure if he wants to see you. I know you love him and I know he loves you, but..."

"I'm assuming he's with you then, right?"

"Wh— I— n-no...."

"Yeah, okay, Simon. I've known you for awhile, I can tell when you're lying. I'm coming over there, for Ralph. I need to see him," Jack paused, becoming sincere, "Try not to faint, by the way. Talk to you soon, Si."

Once again, with that Jack hung up. Simon leaned back harshly against the wall and slid down, his face going white.

"Uh, babe?" Roger spoke, walking up the stairs, "Are you okay? I heard a..."

Roger trailed off, seeing Simon pale and on the floor.

"Oh, shit..." he muttered, then raised his voice to normal volume, "Simon, baby, what's wrong?"

As Roger lifted him off the ground, Simon stuttered, "J-Jack..."

"That fucker," Roger sighed, holding Simon to his chest.

"Take me... to Ralph," Simon said, his vision blurring.

"Okay, baby," Roger agreed, kissing him on the head and taking him down the stairs.

Ralph looked over at Simon and Roger when they got downstairs.

"Whoa, is Simon okay?" Ralph questioned, sniffling a bit.

"He's fine, just about to faint."

Ralph stood up and Simon fell into his arms as Ralph place them onto the couch.

"Si?" Ralph asked quietly.

"I'm... sorry, Ralph. He... kn-knows," Simon spoke, fainting in Ralph's arms.

Ralph and Roger stared at one another. They knew what would come next.