//late

Jude was already late. She was aware of this as her phone screamed in her ear- the sound of a victim of five snoozes. Groping for her mobile to stop the shrieking, she reached too far and lost her balance, falling off her ridiculous four poster bed and landing in an ungraceful heap on the floor.

"Owww...shit." She grumbled, wiping the crusty drool from her face. Slowly she rolled onto her back, blinking at the twining roots and thorns of the ceiling. Jude stood up, still half blinded by sleep, and eventually found her way to the large oak dresser hugging the length of one of the walls. Unfortunately, it was there that she managed to catch a glimpse of herself in a mirror. Oh fuck.

Her hair alone was going to take at least an hour to detangle. Not to mention she was only wearing and oversized t-shirt printed with a comic strips (a present from Vivi's girlfriend, Heather).

"Shit." Jude swore out loud again, yanking open her underwear drawer.

"What. The fuck. Is this?" Jude asked to no one in particular. The drawer was absolutely stuffed full of lingerie- all lace, silk and skim. A folded piece of paper beckoned from its place, nestled between a lacy thong and a silk nightgown. Vivi's lazy script scrawled across the page:

Jude,

Your underwear was soooooo boring that I couldn't help myself when I saw there was a sale on in that lingerie place in the mall. Don't worry about paying me back, it's fine, I already burnt all of your other underwear so all you have to wear is this. I consider that payment enough. 

You're welcome btw.

Vivi xxx

"I am going to kill my sister." Jude declared. Quickly she rifled through the mass of negligee, trying to find something that was at least nearly respectable. Two minutes later, she abandoned this search, grabbing a corset-bra thing and a pair of pants at random. Jude slipped them on, grumbling at how little they covered, and then hurried over to the wardrobe. Inside were hundred of dresses in all colours, the textures and patterns the embodiment of Faerie. She selected a gown of silk, the colour a deep rich wine red. It was low cut and strapless, the bottom pooling at her feet like a seeping pool of blood.

Jude grabbed her favoured pair of shoes- thigh-high black lace up boots. She manoeuvred her feet, covered in a thin stocking which came attached to her thong, into them, trying to tie the laces as fast as she could. She yanked a hairbrush through her mass of hair, her eyes prickling with the force. Her hands worked quickly, braiding it in to her favoured style, as if she had two horns on her head. Using kohl, she decorated her eyes with a thorn pattern, the black lines spilling over her cheekbones in a sort of mask. A lipstick the same shade as her dress lay on its side on the dresser. Quickly, Jude applied it, adding flakes of gold to the inside line of her lips. Twirling in front of the mirror, she deemed herself presentable and charged from her room, slamming the door behind her.