//deep chats

Cardan was woken up by a boot prodding his leg. Raising his head he saw Jude, standing over him, hands on her hips.

"Get up" she said. Carefully, he got to his feet and looked her in the eyes.

"Follow me." She turned on her heel and stalked to her room. Wordlessly, he trailed after her, a dog on a leash. He paused at the threshold, not wanting to overstep- he was the High King of Faerie and he didn't want to 'overstep'? Even for a human? Jude made an impatient noise and dragged him in by the wrist, kicking the door shut behind them. Cardan frowned, unsure of the casual contact.

"Sit." Jude pointed to a lavishly decorated chaise lounge. He raised and eyebrow:

"Would you like to try a word that's not a monosyllable? I can think of a few that might suit you. Like liquor, traitor, liar, Cardan. Could you try one of those?"

"Cardan-"

"There you go. How easy was that? What about another one?"

"Just. Sit. Down." She dragged the words out, exhaustion obvious in her voice. Cardan obeyed, sitting down on the edge of her bed, next to where she was standing, ignoring her offer of the chaise lounge. He looked at Jude again, properly this time, and noticed her thinner body, bent posture and the dark rings under her eyes, not entirely concealed by the kohl thorns.

"You look beautiful," he said, playfully nudging her shoulder, "but also very tired." His tone became more sombre as he completed his sentence. She loosed a breath and flopped down on the bed, next to him. 

"I am completely exhausted." She confessed, looking at him."It's an endless blur of revels, court alliances and dealing with pratically everyone. I have to endure Taryn and Locke; Vivi and Oak aren't here; Oriana can't speak to me and Madoc won't. The only person I talk to is you and you hate me more than anyone. I prefer speaking to Balekin than speaking to you- he at least seems to hate me less." She sighed, as if worn out by her rant and collapsed backwards so she was lying on the bed.

"I don't hate you." Cardan said quietly. Her eyes closed, but she raised an eyebrow, questioning his own confession.

"Well maybe at first, but you've done so much for a kingdom and peoples that basically murdered your family and stole your life. And sure, by putting me on the throne you almost deserve this." At that Jude opened her eyes and glared at him. A half smile ghosted his face, but he continued:

"But- and this I don't understand- I still think about you. Often. It's still disgusting, and I still can't stop." He closed his eyes and sighed in exasperation, rubbing his temples as if it had caused him great pain to admit that.

Jude stood up and smirked at him over her shoulder.

"Oh really?" she asked, her voice playful, "Then you wouldn't mind helping me take off my dress then?"

Thanks to everyone reading this so far- I felt a Jurdan fanfic was needed after I could only find a couple on here. Was writing this while skiving PE by sitting in my friends flute lesson last week- don't think its as good as the last couple though. Hope this satisfies you until I can figure out what to write next. xx