god I want a boy I can read books with too:

When Cardan returned, Jude was lying on top of the covers, wearing just a bra and thong and reading a book. Despite this being marginally more clothes than she was wearing when he had left her, he wondered why she had bothered. Also he was too busy trying to make sure he didn't drop their breakfast all over the floor.

"Uhhh....Jude?" He managed to stutter, carefully placing the tray of food down on the small beside table that also showcased a photo of Jude, Taryn and Vivienne when they were younger. Much younger. Which meant it must have been taken before they came to Faerie. Which explained why they all looked to innocently happy.

Cardan wished he could make Jude smile like that.

Jude looked up from the book she was reading at his questioning tone.

"Yes?" She queried, her eyes wide in a seemingly innocent gesture.

"Um well. I brought breakfast." Cardan winced at his own tone, it was ridiculously harsh when compared to the situation. Which really was just Jude in her underwear. On the bed. Reading... Alice in Wonderland?

"Wait. Is that my copy of Alice in Wonderland? I wondered where that had gone."

Thankfully, Jude had the grace to look guilty. Which really didn't help his situation. Really not at all. At least, not when he was this horny. Not that he'd tell her. Ever.

"Umm...it might be. Maybe." She bit her lip as she admitted this. Really not helping. "I picked it up from your room in Hollow Hall a while ago. It had that piece of paper in it. The one with my name written on it. Multiple times."

Now Cardan was blushing as well, refusing to meet her eyes. Remembering as he assumed she was too, the not question she'd asked and the answer he'd refused to give. He guessed the consequential events following that interrogation had really just explained all anyway.

"Shall we read some together? If you want to, I mean." He hurried to add. "It might be nice you know, just over breakfast."

Jude's only response was to open up the duvet and slip herself inside, leaving the corner turned over for him to join her.

He happily did.

Together they poured over the book, a magical world within another magical world (Although Cardan supposed there were fewer drugs in the creating of theirs); drank tea together as if they were in the Hatter's tea party; and laughed together. A rare but beautiful occasion if there ever was one. In fact, the smile on her face was nearly as radiant as the one in the picture. Perhaps even as radiant.

He hoped it was because of him.

But not as much as he hoped that he could make Jude smile like that again.

But, he guessed, all good things had to come to an end.

"So....Jude?" Cardan started, "Should we be getting round to that talk by now?"

Jude sighed, embodying how Cardan felt about this too, and set down her plate, pastry crumbs scattered across the porcelain surface.

"Yes," she replied, " I guess we should."  She then extracted herself from the covers, and stretched.

Holy shit.

He was in trouble.

She was trouble.

This wasn't going to be easy.

She was glorious.

Like a star.

Why did he ever want to talk about this, they should just let it be.

Instinctively, his hands wrapped themselves around her waist. He felt her tense, and then relax into his grip, a small smile playing on her lips.

"Knew you wouldn't be able to resist." Her whispered words, did nothing to stop him, despite the fact he assumed they were intended to.

"Wicked girl." He breathed, and painstakingly slowly, he lowered his mouth to hers.