𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴs ɴᴏᴡ

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ WE LEAVE SOON FOR THE EARTHKINGDOM, BUT SOMETHING WEIGHS ON MY CHEST

・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚ WE LEAVE SOON FOR THE EARTHKINGDOM, BUT SOMETHING WEIGHS ON MY CHEST. Less than 24 hours ago, a giant spirit attack was unleashed on the Fire Nation, Anana lost her sister, and I guided Aang into the spirit world. Maybe not all in that order but all of it happened to fast.

I can tell Sokka wants to leave this place, he rummages through his things, shoving them in his bag. Katara helps Aang with his packing, they talk and smile, finding joy in each other through these desperate times. I let a tiny smile dance on my lips, thinking about Aang and Katara.

My thoughts are interrupted with Anana.

"Hey, guys? I think I'm gonna go find Anana and tell her we're leaving soon." With everyone aware of my whereabouts, I leave our stay and find the hurt Water Tribe Princess.

A few ideas float around on where she could be. I check the bridge we talked on, the archery field, and the council.

She's nowhere.

Suddenly, a thought occurs to me. I run quickly through the tribe, Weaving through people who are cleaning up the disastrous mess the Fire Nation caused.

I come to halt at the small door that leads into the oasis.

When I open it, I reveal Anana gazing down into the pond that once held the moon and ocean spirits.

I quietly make my way over the petite bridge that separates us. She's so lost in thought she doesn't even notice. I figure she just needs a friend. Someone who understands the day after you lose someone.

And all the other days without them.

"This is the price I pay for love." She wipes the devastated tears, "the price we all pay."

She keeps talking, letting all the rain pour, "I promised my parents I wouldn't let anything happen to her. Yue was my best friend. My only friend until I met you." Her tired eyes glance at me before returning back to the water, "She was my safety net. The person I could fall back on and she would catch me."

Her tears became more rapid, "who's going to catch me now?" Her voice cracks.

I intertwine our hands, knowing of the little amount of time I have left with her, I would be her crutch.

"I will."

Her head finally lifts completely to face me. Seeing someone you care about go through loss is arguably one of the worst things you can watch, knowing you can't take away their pain. I couldn't take away Sokka and Katara's pain, I couldn't take away Aang's pain, And I know I can't take away Anana's. However, I can make the journey to peace a little easier, despite my own journey.

"Come with us," I suggest, knowing she's thinking it. At this, Anana shakes her head.

"No. I can't do that." I furrow my eyebrows at her reply. "I can't stay here, but I can't go with you either." She says honestly. "I need some time to take all of this in. On my own."

I sigh. It would be unfair for me to argue. Instead of showing the disappointment I feel, I give her a teensy grin, "Promise we'll meet again?" I hold out my pinky.

A little laugh escapes her lips. She nods before latching her pinky onto mine, "Promise."

First chapter of the second book is short. I know. However, new chapters will be up as soon as I can get them written. Again, thank you for all the support on the last book <3