𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ᴡᴏᴜɴᴅᴇᴅ

*tw: mentions of blood and gore!!! don't read if you're sensitive to it

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ "SHE'S PROBABLY NOT GOING TO MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT," one of the Sand Benders chuckles, looking at me while I'm tied to a pole. They make bets on how I'll 'most likely' die before morning. It angers me but I have no way of moving.

Appa is in a cage across from me. He hasn't stop roaring since I've opened my eyes. This annoys the thieves, as they would threaten to take Anana's bow and shoot him in the eye.

When they do this, I'll try and kick, scream even. But my wounds sizzle with every muscle I move. And the poison is slow. So, so slow.

Like molasses dripping into my bloodstream.

I tilt my head back, piercing my eyes shut to look for relief. A small whimper escaped my hoarse voice. When this happens, I felt a figure stand over me, "you think she's got the glow-y eye thingy?" He asks so ignorantly.

"What in the name of the spirits are you talking about?" Their leader barked.

Every time I swallowed, it felt like sandpaper scraping the sides of my throat. I was in personal torture.

"Ugh, she's getting blood all over the floor!"

"Doesn't matter. When we turn her in we'll have enough money to hire maids to clean it," one of them laughed, playfully pushing his buddies. "No, we'll have enough money to buy a palace."

However, their boss wasn't much for light joking, "idiots! Get the boats ready. We're taking them to the border."

The border? The border to what?

"Jeez! Fine, cool it," a pair of hands absently wrapped around my bruised wrists as they untied the indenting rope.

If I was in a better state, I would've struggled. Made a run for it. With every movement this Sand Bender made, Appa growled and roared with fury. It became so loud that the beams of their establishment shook.

"Shut that thing up, will you!"

I tried. I really tried.

As soon as they reached for Anana's bow, my hoarse voice silently screamed for them to stop.

With a single shot, they managed to make the bison wail and whimper. I didn't exactly see where the iron arrow went, but I know it wasn't enough to kill him.

"Appa!" It came out so pathetically.

I was kicked right in the stomach, too close to the wounds that blood spilled out all over the floor. It was an attempt to get me to shut up.

And it worked.

The room sprung faster than it already was. My head fell limply onto the floor. Just like that. A deep deadly sleep fell over me like an avalanche.