Decepticon Ambush

It was quiet in the base, quieter than usual. The children were watching the tv they had plugged in and the bots were doing something or talking to each other. Jacob was outside of his mech suit fixing up the weapons and running diagnostics to ensure it was up to standard while Ratchet was working on finding an alternative energon source. When he was outside his mech suit,  Jacob wanted to be called his name. Suddenly the computer alarm started going off.

"Better not be another bug.. damn earth technology" Ratchet complained while looking at the screen and his optics went as wide as possible. "Optimus I have found a energon mine that hasn't been touched yet!" he said with happiness and everyone went to the screen.

Optimus looked at it and nodded "Good find old friend, Bumblebee i want you and Sky to check it out before we start to mine it", he said turning to Bumblebee and Sky

"But Optimus, Sky has no experience in the field, so is it wise to send her out?", asked Arcee while they questioned the decision made by Optimus.

"I dont mind going plus it will give me experience and to learn" Sky replied and Bee said something in beeps.

"He says if he and Sky run into decepticons they can call for you lot", Raf translated.

Bumblebee and Sky reached the mine and entered it and looked around then Sky heard something and saw 14 bots she didn't know and they aimed their weapons at her.

"BEE" she yelled and Bee turned around aiming his weapons.

"well well a new bot" said a large robot they knew as Breakdown.

Sky hid behind Bee, scared

"It will be interesting to cut you open", said another robot, a large red one named Knockout.

Smiling, he took out his saw and revved it up, ready to carve Sky and Bee to pieces

Smiling, he took out his saw and revved it up, ready to carve Sky and Bee to pieces. Sky sent a distress call back to base. Back at base, Jacob was starting up his mech suit when the distress call came through. He went to check the screens about the call and grimaced.

"Scrap. Sky and Bee just encountered a Decepticon ambush. We need to go help", he said. Ratchet typed up the coordinates into the computer and the ground bridge opened up as close as they could get to the site. Arcee, Bulkhead, Optimus and Goliath jumped through, and Goliath clutched his stomach as they exited the ground bridge.

"That'll turn your stomach...", he groaned before he managed to regain his composure. The four of them ran to the location just in time to hear a loud scream and Goliath noticed Knockout ripping Sky's T Cog from her body. Goliath ran at Knockout and punched him then grabbed the T-cog and passed it to Bee. A ground bridge opened up again and Bee helped Sky through the ground bridge to get her T Cog put back in. While Goliath was distracted, Knockout got up and used his saw to cut deeply into Goliaths back. It went so deep, it cut a few muscles and nerves causing blood to cover his saw. Knockout flipped Goliath onto his back then he shot Goliath in his chest. Arcee ran at Knockout and tackled him while Goliath lay there getting weaker.
Optimus dealt with Breakdown and Bulkhead managed to take down Knockout. Arcee helped Goliath up which was difficult as he was slightly taller than her. Blood was leaking down his back quickly. Arcee helped Goliath get through the ground bridge, Optimus and Bulkhead following close behind, and he collapsed as soon as they were all back at base. Ratchet hurriedly put Goliath on a medical table and Arcee took Jacob out of his mech suit before laying him on his stomach. Jack, Miko and Raf ran in and saw Jacob laid there badly hurt.

"What happened to him?", Raf asked and Bee and Sky looked over. Sky was in shock, her best friend was laying there severely injured with a massive wound in his back. She scanned his wound using a computer that she'd brought to the base one day in the event one of the humans was hurt. She was shocked and close to panicking. Jacob's nerves had been severed and his muscles were torn. Based off the readings, he would probably never walk again.

"Ratchet, we need to save him", Sky called out

"Sky, we need to get your T Cog put back in", Ratchet argued

"That can wait!! Jacob is dying!!!", she shouted back.

"We have to act fast", Optimus said and noticed Jacob weakly pointing to his mech.

"The mech suit. It should be able to save his life", Arcee suggested. Bulkhead picked up the mech suit and Ratchet immediately began hurrying.

"Jacob, to save your life we have to fuse you with your mech suit. I'm so sorry it has to be this way", Ratchet said with a sad tone.

"Just....do...it...", Jacob murmured before he passed out. Ratchet immediately began working on first stopping the bleeding. He injected something that Sky said would help. It was a clotting agent used for deep wounds, that Sky had found when she was out before she became her mech. He then began working on fusing the mech suit to Jacob's nervous system by attaching wires and grafting them to his spine. It took hours to finish but eventually, the process was complete. Ratchet just needed to seal the wounds. Raf found some medical stitches and Jack hopped onto the table and began stitching the wounds shut. Once that was done, the mech suit sealed up around Jacob and he slowly stood up with Arcee's help.

"Now Jacob, you're permanently fused to your mech suit. It was the only way to save your life. I am sorry it had to be this way, but it was the only option we had.", Ratchet said with a sad tone. Jacob sat somewhere to try and get used to it.

"Its not your fault. You did what you had to in order to save my life. Thank you", he replied. Arcee sat next to him and placed her hand on his arm.

"You've proven to me that you can be trusted to look out for your friends. Especially those closest to you", she said looking at Sky who was getting her T Cog put back in now. Her optics widened when she felt something on her hand. She looked down and saw Jacob holding her hand

"Thank you Arcee. It means a lot coming from you", Jacob replied. Arcee gave him a smile before she hugged him

"Losing you would hurt Sky greatly. To see her in pain is not something anyone wants to see", Arcee said gently. Jacob looked down at his new body

"I sure hope I can get used to this quickly", he said before Arcee patted his shoulder

"I'm sure you will. With help from us and the humans, you'll get used to it quickly. We're family Jacob. We help each other", she said and leaned in. Before Jacob knew what was happening, Arcee's lip plating was pressed against his lips. His eyes widened before he relaxed and pulled her close. The two then separated and Arcee stood up

"Well that was unexpected", Jacob said and Arcee smiled

"Very. But it shows how much I care for you. I believe the human term is love.", she said as Jacob stood back up

"It is. You know Arcee, I've wanted to tell you that I loved you but I was afraid you'd see it as silly", Jacob replied before Arcee gave him another kiss

"Could have just said it before leaving it contained. Can't have each other worrying about secrets", she said with her hand on his chest. Jacob smiled and hugged Arcee

"So does this mean we are together?", he asked and Arcee smiled

"I think it does", she replied before the two of them hugged again before sharing another kiss.