Tragedy Strikes

A couple months later, Goliath was testing out his weapons to ensure they were ready and wouldn't jam. Suddenly alarm sensors sounded in the base. Ratchet ran to check up on the screen and saw a red area on the screen. Typing up a few things on the console, he zoomed in on the red area and what he found made his spark ache. What was on the screen was a broken, flaming wreck of a house. Goliath ran over to check and his eyes widened at the sight of it

"Ratchet, what caused that?", Optimus asked

"Scanning...Deception fire. It seems as though they were tracking a signal. Like the one Goliath uses. However this one was a lot less secure", Ratchet replied. Goliath realised what that could mean

"If they traced the signal to that place thinking it was me, and I know only one other person who uses that signal, then that led them back...HOME!", Goliath said and ran towards the exit

"Wait Goliath! It's too dangerous!", Optimus called out but Goliath wasn't listening. He transformed into his four wheeled vehicle form and raced to the site. Upon arrival, he transformed back into his normal form and approached the ruined home

"Mom? Dad? Sis?", he called out and what he saw sent his heart into panic. Three charred skeletal remains outside the home. He ran a quick DNA scan and to his horror, they were his parents and his sister. He collapsed to his hands and knees, crying for his family. Arcee raced up and transformed, her optics widening at the sight of the wreck and bodies.

"I am so sorry for what happened...", she said gently placing a hand on Goliath's back. Goliath stood up and dug a large hole, gently placing the skeletal remains of his family in the hole before burying them. He found a slab of stone and began carving out "Here lie three unfortunate victims of a horrible arsonist attack. Daniel, Felicity and Laura Clark. Taken too soon from those they loved" and placing it near the ground they were buried in. His fist tightened, both in sadness and in rage. He looked at Arcee, who had sympathy in her optics.

"I swear, I will find whoever killed them. And I will tear them apart!", he growled. Arcee held his hand gently.

"They were your human family?", she asked and he nodded before she hugged him.

"The ones who taught me how to be an engineer before I went to university to train more in mechanics. It's thanks to them that I made this mech suit", Goliath replied. He turned away from the flaming house and transformed into his four wheeled form.

"Let's go. I don't wanna be here anymore. Being here only makes it more painful", he said and Arcee transformed too. The two of them headed back to base on a long silent trip. Arcee didn't know how to help him. When they arrived back at base, they were greeted by the others.

"What did you find? Anyone hurt?", Bulkhead asked. Goliath didn't say anything. He just walked past ignoring them all. Bumblebee asked Arcee what was wrong with Goliath

"It's...something that he needs to cope with alone. I think we should leave him for the time being. What he saw...it sent his heart into pain and agony", Arcee replied. Sky walked up

"What did he see?", she asked. Arcee sighed

"That flaming house...was once his home. He arrived there to see his only human family gone. Stripped down to their skeletons", Arcee replied. Sky gasped

"No...his family is dead...", she said and sat down somewhere to contemplate what Arcee had just told her. Everyone in base was silent. Especially Raf, Miko and Jack. Arcee couldn't help but wonder about Goliath. Perhaps she should go in there to talk to him. She knocked on the door to his room.

"Leave me alone Optimus!", Goliath shouted from his room.

"Its not Optimus. It's me", Arcee said gently and the door opened. Arcee noticed Goliath sat on his bed. His armor was covered in droplets of water. She sat next to him and touched his arm

"There was nothing you could have done, had you been there. You'd most probably have been killed too", she said trying to comfort him.

"You think I care about that?! They were my family! The only people who were close to me since I was a kid and now they're dead! I don't think you can comprehend how much it hurts to just stand there in silence as you see the smouldering corpses of the family you had for several years lying there in front of the destroyed house you lived in for years!", Goliath shouted at her.

"You're right. I don't know how it feels to lose people like that. But I lost an entire planet, and several partners. I still see their faces every time I try to sleep. Tailgate...Cliffjumper...the two partners I had were murdered in front of my eyes and I could do nothing but stand by and watch. We lost everything when the planet fell. The war took several lives, most of them were Autobot lives. I'm not going to pretend to know your pain. But you're not the only one who lost people close to you", Arcee replied before getting up.

"Arcee...I didn't realise that...I'm sorry I shouted at you", Goliath said with his head low. Arcee raised his head up gently and kissed him.

"I know. Jack told me that mourning the loss of people close to you can cause a lot of actions. Even shouting at those close to you. But no matter what, if you ever need anything or just want to talk about something, I'm here for you. We all are", she replied before embracing her lover. Goliath wrapped his arms around her and hugged her close to him.

"I've already lost one family. I don't want to lose another", he said quietly

"You won't. I promise you that", Arcee replied. She rubbed Goliath's back gently. Soon she felt tired too. Goliath smiled and laid on his bed, making enough room for her. He closed the door as Arcee laid next to him. The two of them silently drifted off to sleep. Goliath didn't want to lose another member of his family. Especially not the two wheeler Autobot he loved.