93. World At Their Feet

"Audrey, I swear to God!"

Audrey sleepily opened her eyes to hear something being thrown into her room and crashing by her side.

"What!" She gasped and sat up.

"How many times have I f*cking told you to put your shoes at the right place!" Vanessa yelled from the living room.

Audrey's eyes landed on the shoes by the bedside.

"Did you just throw my shoes in here?" She yelled back.

"Didn't I tell you the last time that I would?"

"Are you f*cking stupid?" Audrey got up and walked out. "You could've ruined them!"

"Well, you clearly don't care about them or you'd put them properly in their place-"

"Why do you even care? Are they biting you?"

"Yes, they are! Would it kill you to just put them-"

"God, Vanessa. I am not doing this right now." Audrey slammed her door shut, muffling Vanessa's voice as she kept yelling.

Audrey sighed and checked her phone to find a lot of messages that she had to reply to.

All of them were work related.

"Spoiled my whole morning." She grumbled under her breath and started to get ready for another long day.

Within an hour, she was already at the practice studio.

"Alright, people," one of the staff heads gathered everyone and said, "it's our day back at the tour rehearsals after the weekend. I hope everyone is feeling rested because we have to burn up more fuel this week. Let's make our first tour memorable for not only ourselves, but for the fans as well."

Everyone cheered and clapped.

Vanessa felt the need to boost up the morale and was about to say something when Audrey hushed her down.

"We should start right away, Vanessa, I'm sure what you have to say can wait."

Vanessa narrowed her eyes as Audrey walked past her and the staff looked at each other.

"You can speak, V." Jeff smiled.

"It's fine." Vanessa dismissed with a laugh and went to take her position behind Audrey for the opening song.

The gruesomely long practice sessions ended late at night with Audrey and Vanessa still not talking to each other other than about professional stuff.

"Thank you." Vanessa waved at the dancers as everyone packed.

"See you tomorrow." Audrey smiled. "Have a good night."

"Get home safely, everyone." Jeff said.

"Bye, thanks." Audrey waved one last time as they moved out of the studio and headed for the car.

"Vanessa, I'm dropping you off at a hotel. Sebastian called and insisted for some time with you." Jeff said as they sat inside the car.

"Right now?"

Jeff nodded.

"But isn't everything already finalised?"

"He said he wanted to make a few changes to the song and would like your opinions on it."

Vanessa sighed. "I'm too tired."

"He won't take long." Jeff turned the car into a new lane.

Audrey stared out of her window silently.