105. Ends And Starts

"Alright, Audrey. Thanks for joining us here at our radio station." The male host started.

"Thanks for having me." Audrey smiled and adjusted her headphones.

"Before we begin," the female host spoke, "I want to ask how Vanessa is now."

"She's doing much better. She's been discharged and resting at home."

"That's a relief."

"You must've been shocked."

"Out of my mind."

"So how did you agree to work even in the time off?"

"I decided I didn't want to stay stuck over what was done. She was going to be okay and that's all that mattered."

"That's brave."

"And did the boys reach out to you? For the music video appearance?"

"I was in touch with them, especially after the Caleb incident. So I already knew about the song. Coincidentally, our schedule was cleared exactly when they were shooting."

"I wanna quickly talk about Caleb here. Did he ever show any signs of depression?"

"When we toured with them," Audrey carefully formed an answer as she spoke, "everything was new to us. Caleb definitely tried his best to make us feel at home. He was one of our first, true friends in the industry."

"I'm sure. Caleb and Vanessa even dated briefly."

"Yeah," the male host added, "until Caleb cheated on her with Ava. I can't relate. I mean, why would you cheat on Vanessa Pierce?"

"She's too young for you, Peter." The female host laughed.

"But she is a beauty. And I mean it in all respect."

Audrey just smiled.

"So when are you going to get back to work?"

"Technically, we already are." Audrey replied. "I've begun recording a few songs that she had written before. And since we're home for a while, we're getting a proper studio to record."

"Yeah, yeah, touring and recording can be hard."

"Yeah but the main problem that arises is that hotel rooms have high ceilings which create the echo problem."

"Ah."

"So I spent most of time practicing our dance routines and helping Vanessa through it."

"That's another thing I like. How the two of you are gifted in your separate arts."

"I don't know about me, but Vanessa truly has a talent for singing. She can sing the most intense song in a delicate way."

"Her voice gives goosebumps. She knows how to play with emotions."

Audrey nodded. "Before our first release, I practiced our songs for ten hours every day just so I could match her star level."

"Oh, really? That's dedication."

"So they mean when they say you two married to your careers."

Audrey laughed in agreement. "That's where the focus is."

"We heard SMG recently received investment from China. Any thoughts of entering the Chinese market?"

*
Fietfall, Korland

Mason leaned against a tree and closed his books. He looked around for his bag and his eyes landed on Tessa, who was walking away from him along with a friend.