Chapter 1

"Who is she?" This was one of the many questions roaming in Sam's mind since the incident this morning. He was pretty sure it was her when he saw her in the morning in the godown. There where Guna, a powerful local goon who was suspected to be one of the many sub-ordinates of Supreme, the underworld don, was supposed to be making a drug deal with a Foreign clan. 

What he didn't understand then was why she was present there when she was supposed to be in the office making a report on their previous case. And why was no one from the supposed foreign clan present there. Was this a trap? 

Though she was fully covered leaving only her eyes to exposure, it wasn't hard for him to recognize her; after all she was his love, his Manu. Though he thought that she doesn't reciprocate his feelings, he never stopped loving her. He had always admired her and will always keep doing so. 

But then he saw her doing something he had never imagined her doing. She came face - to - face with Guna himself and made the deal. He couldn't bring himself to capture the photographs of the exchange though he knew he had to. It felt like he was frozen and can't move his arms from around the camera or his eyes from the scene in front of him. 

Then, unexpectedly there was an attack at the scene. Few men, dressed in black surrounded the goons and started shooting. But she wasn't running or even trying to defend herself. She just stood there - not even shocked - but with a smirk on her face, as if she was expecting the outbreak from the newly arrived people. 

All of a sudden, she took a gun from one of those men who were dead and started firing. And not the people dressed in black, but Guna's men. 

Merciless....that was what she could be called. With agility of a striking tiger, shooting everyone who could have been a threat to her. She wasn't shooting to hurt or disable the opponent, but to kill. Killing every one who tried to kill her. This wasn't how he knew her. This wasn't the girl he loved. This was someone else. That had to be it...or so he thought.

Every thing was a mess. He couldn't identify who was shooting whom. All of a sudden she was hit. Hard...on her head. This forced him to come out of his hiding and move towards her. But before he could reach out to her, he was hit on his head rather harshly causing him to lose consciousness.

When he woke up he was in an unfamiliar place. Getting up from the bed he realized he was in a hospital room. He looked around to find something which could tell him how he ended up here. After realizing nothing is going to help him in his pursuit, he decided to leave the room and find answers by himself.

Just as he was about to open the door, it creaked open to reveal his twin, his partner in everything, Sumukhi.

"Hey sis,...Wait, are you crying? Oh my god! You are crying? why are you crying?"

"What the hell do you expect me to be doing when I get called by the cops saying you were found in a crime scene in unconscious state and was admitted in the hospital? huh?"

"Cops?"

"Yea, apparently a gang fight took place in the godown you were found. They are waiting outside for your statement"

"Oh..."

Apparently, Sumukhi's words didn't bring him any clarity but only brought him even more confusion.

After Sumukhi's departure, the S.I. came and took his statement. He told the police officer everything he saw, except seeing Manaswini of course, for he wasn't very sure if he even saw her. Since, Sam already took the permission of police to carry out this operation before hand, he didn't fall into trouble.

According to the police, two local gangs had a fight in the godown due to which the drug deal was off. After their departure, Sumukhi came to the room along with Manu and Arjun, Sam's best friend and also a member of their 'gang'. On seeing Manu all fit and fine he breathed a sigh of relief. But Manu's condition was all the different. She was unable to stop her tears seeing him in that condition.

"You should have taken me with you. Then maybe this wouldn't have happened to you. Why did you not tell me that you were going on a mission today"

"No Manu, it's alright. I'm fine. Why are you feeling guilty unnecessarily? It's good you didn't come. Now both of you, Sumi and Manu, stop crying and go home. Arjun, man, you look like hell. Go home and take rest - the three of you"

"No dude, I'm coming back to stay the night. One visitor is allowed"

"You don't have to dude"

"I'm coming and that's final. Sumi, Manu....come I'll drop you both home" saying this Arjun left with the both of them.

After they left, Sam started analyzing what he saw earlier today in the godown. He now started doubting his own senses. "I think it wasn't Manu. I am unnecessarily being paranoid" Thinking so he retires to sleep. 

If only he knew how wrong he was.

* * * * *

Love

Sanjana❤