Chapter 3

Location: An abandoned warehouse in the outskirts of the city
Time:Around 6'O' clock
in the evening

The one and only four plated fan was lazily swirling hanging lowly from the roof of an abandoned warehouse casting its shadow on the people lined up in the most disciplined manner. Calling them people might be a typical blunder- maybe ex NCC would suit. With their chests high and faces lowered, they are silently awaiting the wrath of their boss.

A man 6ft tall muscular with a well-built body and an aura like a hawk is standing on a half broken platform pissed about their recently failed mission.

Unable to bear the silence which was only annoying him and speaking aloud for their incompetence in getting him the desired results, he addresses the nine people standing infront of him.

"How much time do you need? How much more? It has been 2 goddamn years...You still can't find anything about them? About her? You people are worthless. You deserve to die" saying this he removed a revolver and started loading it.

The men shivered in fear and begged for mercy. "Forgive us sir. We will be sure not to disappoint you the next time" The man starts laughing loudly at this. His laugh resembling the devil's. Just as sinister.

"I know this won't happen again because you are not going to live to do that"

He shoots all of them mercilessly. Blood poured down to the floor as the men fell to their knees and eventually pass away. He orders his men to clean the mess and heads to his office present in one corner of the warehouse.

Vikrant, his right-hand and also an almost friend follows him. Just as they reach the confines of the office, Vikrant couldn't stop himself from questioning him, "Karan sir, you maybe shouldn't have killed them. They were closest among our people to actually get us any information about them. You also know how hard it is to get any information about them. We have lost a lot of people"

Karan turns around putting up an emotionless facade which can still give you chills with fear and speaks "Are you trying to question my decisions Vikrant? Are you forgetting that I am called the Supreme of crime world for a reason?"

"I'm sorry sir. I didn't mean that. I was-"

" Don't try to justify your words. It'll get you into trouble. I'm sparing you this time but this is not going to happen again. And I don't need to explain myself to you."

"Yes sir"

"Get lost and come back only when I call you" saying so Karan turned away. Taking a seat on his chair, he begins to retrospect his actions today.

This morning when he got to know that the team he assigned to trace her - the one woman because of whom he almost lost his life and empire 2 years ago - have again failed to track her even after being so close, his fury surpassed his self-control.

He almost killed all his men. But he managed to bring his sanity back and think rationally. He decided to kill the team since that weren't of much help but then decided to spare one - Saleem - the guy who is least conspicuous among the group.

Saleem never got into spotlight - not because he wasn't worthy but because he didn't want to. He gave the credit of his deeds to others. He did his best to stay out of limelight. So it wasn't a wonder that no one noticed that he wasn't dead with the others. But Supreme has his own ways. He wouldn't rule the crime world if he can't even assess the worth of his own people.

With that decided, he went forward with the plan of killing the team. He knew. He knew that with the newly instilled feeling of death Saleem would work with more vigour.
With that being done, his line of thought proceeded to her. The woman who melted his heart on their first meeting itself. He reminces their first meeting two years back. Truth be told it wasn't actually a meeting.

~~~~~~~

Two years back

It was a usual evening for Karan when he was lounging in one of his many guesthouses in the state. This one was his personal favourite since it was far away from the city but still accessible to him as it was close to his headquarters where most of the confidential data about his illegal work is kept.

Suddenly there was a noise in his backyard and that was when all hell broke lose. Firing started from one corner and spread out across the house. His men were shot down mercilessly. Almost all the entrances and exits were guarded making it near impossible to escape. But Karan believed it was near impossible but not completely impossible.

Karan was a practical man. He knew it wasn't possible to fight and win as they were highly outnumbered. So, he decided to flee along with his men. He made sure to instruct them that they either escape safely or die in the process but none were to be caught alive. In mafia, confidentiality was a major issue. He can't risk it.

The exit in the basement of the house was the only one that he supposed was unguarded since it wasn't easy to access the code to the basement. He headed there tackling all the attacks thrown by the unknown enemy.

Reaching the basement he heaved a sigh of relief only to discover that it was unnecessary. At the basement exit was a man, or so he thought. They immediately fell into a fight. Clad in a salwar and turban and a veil covering his face, the man looked petite and didn't quite fit in the scene. 

Karan made the mistake of underestimating his opponent. Using this as an advantage, Karan's opponent kicks him in the stomach after giving him a jab in his chest with elbow,....hard causing Karan to lose hold of his gun. He uses his small stature to easily dodge Karan's attacks and strikes back. Catching Karan's wrist, locking his arm straight in front of him, and swinging an elbow onto his face, caused Karan to almost lose the fight. 

With speed and accuracy Karan didn't know his opponent possessed, he flicked Karan's wrist, pulled Karan almost onto him and twisted his arm causing Karan to groan in indescribable pain. The said man then proceeded to seize Karan's gun from his hand and points at Karan. Just as he was about to fire, Karan kicks a rod lying on the ground towards his legs distracting him, giving Karan the opportunity to strike. With a vigorous fight going between them, Karan's men reach there and bring their weapons to life. Every attack of Karan was countered and every attack of the man dodged.

Just as Karan's men were about to fire, the opponent flips around causing Karan's men to seize firing in the fear of shooting their boss. Just then a few men supporting the opponent come in and fight Karan's men. These two again get isolated.

That is when Karan flips over his opponent's turban and unveils his face to reveal something he could have never imagined. That his opponent wasn't a 'he' but a 'she'. Eyes glazing with fury, expressions fierce and posture of a predator, she looked like a tigress about to conquer her prey. That was it. He fell for her..... hard. What he wouldn't do to make her 'his' tigress. That was when he decided, whatever it may take, he will definitely make her 'his'. His lover. His soulmate or more like his obsession and possession.

Then with a lot of struggle he escaped from there - which was almost impossible since he was being held back by someone as skilled and fierce as her. But his desperation to escape won over her ferocity. He had successfully dodged her attacks and had to fire her arm in order to save himself with a gun he found lying down. That day he promised himself that he would come back for her one day and make her his queen.

~~~~~~~

Present

Karan comes out of his reverie hearing a knock on his door. Asking the person on the other side to come in, he gets back to work.

********

Love
Sanjana♥️