Chapter 14

Life is not about stopping, it's about running along with the curve of human emotions balancing on the scale of morals and integrity. Whatever life may throw your way, face it upfront with face held high. And that is was Manaswini....oops! Malavika decided to do.

Instead of worrying about Samanvay Arjun and Sumukhi finding about her real identity, she decides to focus on her goals, that is getting the society rid of people who can make kids like her, parent-less and who are potentially harmful for the society. Though her intent is very holistic, doesn't mean her actions are very acceptable.

People might say, even she kills people just like them, but she believes there is a difference.

She has a reason strong enough.
There is more good than bad that happens with the death of every criminal.
She makes sure that every family of the dead criminal is taken care of.
She ensures that none of the younger generation in the said families take part in illegal activities.
And she only kills people who according to her deserve death.

Never did she imagine that her passion to get a degree in journalism would get her tangled in this mess.
Love, care, affection and the feeling of having someone to support her at one side and her goal to make people who make others suffer pay at the other end - things were getting no easy with her.

But her goal was her top priority. She had vowed to her late twin, her soul sister that no matter what, she would try to make the world a better place to live. Just the memory of Manu, made her resolve to harden.

This mission she assigned to herself, can not be jeopardized because of her feelings for Sam. In fact, her stopping at this point may bring them into danger. And she can't afford that. She has made so many enemies in the path of reaching her this position.

This position, where her every word is deemed important.
This position where she is the most respected.
This position which gave her power, prestige and safety.

She really can't afford to jeopardize this.

How she came to this position is another big story. It was truly a miracle in her life. Also one of her biggest secrets.

~~~~~~

It was probably a year and a half after the death of her parents and sister. She had slowly accustomed to the idea of living without them.

Without her sister to save her every time she messed up. Without her mom to caress her hair and tell her everything was fine when she nightmares after watching horror movies. Without her father to pamper her and boast in front of her mom when she comes first in the school competitions.

She learned to live with Rudra. She had recently come far enough to forgive the man and rid him of his guilt. And it has been an year since she started to learn to use weapons. She had regular martial arts classes everyday after college. Rest for an hour before practicing to shoot in the shooting range. It was all so tiring. But still she held on.

Unknown to everyone, she at that time was presented with an opportunity to make her dreams come true. And she took it. The result of which is why she is here now. The hard-work she put in definitely did pay off.

~~~~~~

Now she is in a position to make a choice which she can never ever change. Which effects many lives.

Though she resolved about sticking to her original plan before meeting her current friends who she considers as the closest thing she has to a family, she couldn't help but think how they would have been had she wasn't so messed up. Had they met in a completely different set up. How easy life would have been then.

Not having to fret about them hating her if they find out her real identity. Not having to worry about them being disgusted when they get to know about her being able to kill people with no regrets. Not having to hide her feelings for Samanvay. Not having to fear about the safety of them. Not having to fear about having a family. Not having to fear about not being with them on a long run.

Not being there in general!

Such peaceful times!
Beautiful indeed!

* * * * *

Hey folks!

How are you doing?

It might look like a filler but I just wanted to give you an insight into Malavika's character.

Feel free to share your views on the story.

Do vote share and comment.

Love
Sanjana♥️