Chapter 5

On his way back home, Sam couldn't help reminisce their past. The day he met her. How insanely attracted he was to her. How much he wanted to understand the feeling. How much helpless he found himself trying to fight the feeling. Though he would most definitely say that it was one of the best days in his life.

******

18 months back

Just like every other day, Samanvay was getting ready for work. He is working at 'World Today', a very prestigious institution known for bringing out facts to society. It has a huge popularity among the public for not being influenced by politics of the country and bringing out the truth honestly. Sumukhi who also works there, left early as she had to prepare for a presentation along with Arjun.

As Sam reaches his office, he notices a strange vibe there. Today they were supposed to have a very important meeting regarding the illegal activities of Dhiru, a local goon. He holds a lot of power in their area. And World Today is trying it's level best to secure evidences against him.

Being a chief crime journalist, he was allotted his own cabin. As Sam reaches his cabin, he was surprised to see Mr. Ranjith Parth, a senior journalist and his boss whom he holds at a high regard, waiting for him in a very agitated condition. He was an old man, nearly 55 years-old. But his age never succeeded in dulling his flame of bravery. He still fought against injustice and brought forth many corrupt officials to their feet. He was still a nightmare to corrupt officers. His bravery was also felicitated by the government. This man is a versatile genius with great morals who inspires Samanvay a lot.

" Good morning sir."

"Morning Samanvay. How are you this morning?"

"Great sir"

"Samanvay, I have an important job for you. Late last night it was reported that Mr. Vipul Chauhan has expired. You do know him, right?"

"Yes sir. Isn't he the chairman of Chauhan group - Iron and Steel exporters?"

"Yes Samanvay. The thing is people are saying it is a natural death but I suspect otherwise. I have known the man since long. He has been my friend since my university days. A week prior he had called me and wanted to meet. Told me it was very important. Since I wasn't here then, I told him to wait for a week. By the time I am back, this happened. I want you to investigate further. I have informed the Police."

"Sure sir. I'll do what I can"

" Also, I want you to work on this case along with Manaswini. She is also a very talented crime journalist and also one of my most trusted employees along with you. She accompanied me from Delhi last night. She used to work in our Delhi branch. I had her transfered here"

"Sure sir"

"She must be here any minute"

Just then, a woman dashes towards them. Around 5'4" height which was still shorter than Sam's by almost 6" which he found to be cute.
Long wavy dark hair, Large doe like eyes highlighted by kajal, Straight nose, Lips stretched into a smile that could brighten anyone's day
But that was not what made Sam absolutely mesmerized. It was the mole just to the left below her lower lip which he thought was her beauty spot.
Dressed in formal wear.

All in all he found her very very beautiful.

"I'm so sorry sir. Came back after such a long time, so I forgot about Hyderabad traffic " Her melodic voice brought him back to present

"It's alright Manaswini. This is the guy I was speaking about" saying so Ranjith introduced her to Samanvay.

After introducing them to each other, he left them to get acquainted and work out a schedule.

With 3 months of hard-work, running, fighting, chasing and saving, they traced Vipul's murder to Dhiru, who murdered him to take over his industry and for leverage over the politics of the state as Vipul was also a very important political figure.

Their journey though, made them a very sour enemy who promised himself to get revenge on them.

The way they tackled the case and brought forth the evidences regarding the murder was a very adventurous journey which brought them close to each other. Having near-death experiences held them together.

This journey made him fall for her not due to her external beauty or their attraction but because he saw the beauty of her soul and cherished it. Her maturity at important times and childish behaviour while having fun, her seriousness towards work and love for her profession, her caring and understanding nature, her confidence and honesty, her humble but bold attitude and many more qualities.
All in all, he fell for her damn too hard.

After the end of the project, Manaswini decided not to transfer back to Delhi but stay back in Hyderabad which happens to be her birth place. Manu rightly fit into their group and in fact became a very important part - a mischievous sister Arjun always wanted; a very understanding and patient friend Sumukhi always wanted. And Sam never wished for anything more than this in his life partner.

Though he never told anything verbally, both Sumukhi and Arjun knew of his love for her. Their never ending teasing too made him smile whenever he thought about how accepting they were of her.

******

Present

He comes out from his thoughts just as he reaches his house. Going inside he realizes Sumukhi is not home. He calls her but he is sent to voicemail. He calls Arjun and asks him about her whereabouts and learns that she is on one of her own missions. He decides to sleep until Sumukhi heads back.

He goes to sleep with thoughts about all the new things he has come to know in these two days and the conflict between his thoughts and feelings and the dilemma of truth and facade.

~~~~~~

Love

Sanjana❤