Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Ruth Eden Glass

The first time I was pregnant, my hormones were pretty calm. But, the second time they were anything but. Perhaps it was the fact I was having twins, or maybe it was just Quinn. But, I seemed to wake up one day and not be able to think of anything but how sexy he looked. Consciously, I knew that it was just the hormones and most pregnant women went through this stage mid-pregnancy, but that still didn't mean it was easy to ignore.

"So, yes, Eden is pregnant" Quinn kept explaining, his voice deep and dominant – commanding the attention of everyone in the Pack. Since we'd just found out we were having twins, and it was getting very obvious I was pregnant, Quinn decided it was time to officially tell the Pack.

He stood at the front of the clearing, everyone else standing around. I stood slightly off the left – still in the crowd but a little outside, much like my general standing in the Pack. I watched Quinn command his people. He was strong but gentle and seemed to ooze charisma...yet I could only think about ripping his clothes off and fucking him senseless.

Because it was fucking I was thinking of. I didn't want to start anything up, or make love on a bed of rose petals – I wanted to fuck him, no strings attached hot sex. And I knew that I wouldn't get that from Quinn, I got it the first time and look how that turned out. But, I wouldn't have sex with another man, not while I had Quinn's daughters inside me – that just wasn't fair on him.

"But, just because Eden and I are having a baby it doesn't mean that she is the Luna now" Quinn continued, "please do not address her as so or treat her any differently than you do the other Pack members". Those parts were added because I asked him to add them.

Quinn said a few more things, but I was pretty sure that no one else in the Pack were listening as intently as they had been. A buzz of excitement was in the air – finally they had a potential heir to the Pack. Quinn hadn't told them it was twins or girls, we wanted to keep that to ourselves for a little while longer.

"Everything alright?" Quinn asked, as he walked over to me – I knew he was asking about his speech, which he had already run past me.

"Perfect" I replied. As he put his arm around my shoulders; my hormones rocked as his addictive scent filled my senses. People instantly came over and began to congratulate us, I thanked them and smiled – but I let Quinn do most of the talking, this was what he was good at.

"Ready to go home?" I asked, when the last people had spoken to us.

"Sure" he nodded. We walked for a few minutes and Quinn was quiet, awkward even, so I knew something was up. So, it didn't shock me when he spoke up a few minutes later. "I have a date tonight, that's alright with you, yeah?" he questioned nervously.

I swallowed deeply, "sure it is. With that sales assistant from last week?"

"Yeah we've been texting and...well...she seems nice".

"Yeah, sure, go for it" I replied, hoping I sounded breezy. "I'm just going to spend the night with my feet up, eating ice cream and bingeing the new season of the bachelor".

"Okay" he said softly.

When Quinn had first shown interest in the woman at the baby shop, I hadn't really thought about. I even encouraged him to get her number. Yet, that night I hardly slept. Every part of me was terrified of the idea of Quinn going on a date, falling in love and marrying her. Which was stupid, because I was never going to be able to give him any of that, so I had no right to stop him getting it from elsewhere.

But, even as Quinn readied for his date that night, my stomach was churning. I wanted to tell him not to go, to sit on the couch with me and rub my feet – but that was selfish and stupid. My eyes watered as I tried not to cry. "Stupid hormones" I muttered to myself, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand.