Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen 

Ruth Eden Glass

"Stop obsessing" Quinn chuckled, leaning back on the couch and putting his feet up on the coffee table.

"I'm not obsessing. I'm...just...cleaning" I retorted.

"Cleaning? The house is already clean" he laughed, looking at me – his dark eyes glistening with amusement.

"The house is clean for your standards. My mother's standards are different". I hoovered under his legs as he smirked up at me. I finished hoovering, as Quinn continued watching the Football game from his place on the couch; beer in hand and half-eaten burger in the other. "Quinn, do not get ketchup on the couch" I snapped at him.

"I'm not" he shrugged, gave me an overly exaggerated smile and stuffed the rest of the burger in in one mouthful.

I gave him a long look, "you're disgusting".

"I'm a man, darlin".

"Same thing" I shot back at him. He winked at me cheekily. I just rolled my eyes at him before heading up the stairs to change my clothes. Quinn was being Quinn – his cheeky, confident, sexy self. However, I was in no mood for him today. I was stressed and hormonal, which was not a good combination for a budding relationship.

I changed into a soft green dress, which was tight over my ever-swelling breasts and flowed softly over my baby bump and to my knees. My hair looked greasy again – despite the fact I'd only washed it that morning – so I threw it up in a messy bun and worked on my makeup.

"Damn darlin, you look sexy" Quinn commented, when I headed back to the lounge. His eyes washed over me in appreciation, as he put his beer bottle down and wolf whistled. I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help but smile in amusement. Quinn grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him.

I yelped in shock as I straddled him, his large hands held me in position as his eyes glistened dangerously. "What are you doing?" I huffed out, pretending to be annoyed – although I could never be truly annoyed at Quinn.

"I'm just admiring my fine-ass girlfriend". His hands squeezed my thighs seductively. I rolled my eyes and pouted my lips – Quinn pecked my lips quickly. "Stop worrying. Everything will be absolutely fine".

"I can't help it. It's been so long since I've seen my mother and I just don't want to fight with her again".

"I promise to stay here and play mediator".

"Thank you". I brushed a stray hair from his forehead. "I can't wait until I don't have any of these hormones".

"Neither can I, because that means we'll have our girls". He ran his hands over my bloated belly – which was getting big now since I was almost six months through the pregnancy. Quinn's eyes glistened as he smiled at me, "I can't wait to be a father".

"You're going to be a great father".

He rested his hand on my stomach, feeling as the twins moved suddenly, before smiling to himself. "Hi there" he spoke to the babies. "Not long now you two. Your Mommy and I are getting everything ready for you. We love you so much and--"

"Not today" I said, putting my finger over his lips to silence him. "My emotions are all over the place and I just did my makeup. My mascara isn't waterproof".

He chuckled, "later then". He kissed the tip of my nose playfully. I looked into his beautiful brown eyes and smiled softly. "What?" Quinn asked, eyebrow arching.

"I'm just glad you gave me a second chance" I admitted, "when I followed you to Mario's, I didn't know if I had waited too long. I knew you would make me happy...but I didn't realise it would make me this happy".