Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

Alpha Quinn Danvers

Ruth whizzed past me like a tiny little tornado, bag in one hand and a bagel in the other. I smirked, admiring her as Harmony fused in my arms. "I know, your mother is crazy" I whispered to my eldest. She blew a bubble out of her nose at me. I grabbed a cloth and cleaned her nose, before kissing her head and placing her down in the double baby carrier next to Serenity who was fast asleep.

"I'm not crazy" Ruth growled back, as she finished off her bagel while packing her bags full of things she wouldn't need. I'd told her she wouldn't need them...but she chose to ignore me.

"Alright, I think I have everything" she finally said, ten minutes later. Harmony had fallen asleep, like her sister.

"I think you forgot the kitchen sink" I deadpanned. She flipped me off and I grinned brightly. Walking over, she knelt down and checked on the twins. As she did, I admired how beautiful my fiancée was.

Her red hair was tied back and she wore a smart dark blue pencil dress. She'd bounced back quickly from the pregnancy, and although her breasts and hips were larger, she was just as petite and small as she had been when we met. She was still the most beautiful women in the world...and she was all mine.

I grabbed her waist, making her gasp in shock, before pulling her down onto my lap. "Quinn" she grumbled, as I wrapped my arms around her waist and buried my face into her neck. "We should get going soon".

I sighed heavily, "we have plenty of time to get to the airport".

Ruth chewed the inside of her cheek, "maybe we should just drive".

"It'll take too long and the girls would hate it". I pushed her up onto her feet and slapped her ass playfully. "Come on, cheerleader, let's get going".

We were going away for two weeks and Ruth had packed four bags, so when we got to the airport I had to pay extra for the bags, especially since two were overweight as well. Ruth just shrugged and told me that she didn't know what the twins might need while we were away.

I had brought my beach house after my parents had died, it was my escape from being an Alpha for a while. There were no Packs based in Miami, so I could just blend in as a random businessman away on holiday by himself...until now where I brought my family. I'd skipped going to the beach house last year, as Ruth had been pregnant, so we'd decided to go to celebrate the twins third month instead.

We kept the twins awake during the airport, so they slept through the flight, although Harmony awoke crying during the bumping landing...Serenity just woke up, looked at her crying sister, and promptly fell back asleep. Serenity would sleep through the damn apocalypse if we let her.

But, after Harmony had calmed, we collected our bags and headed out the airport and into Miami. We caught a cab to the beach house. I loved my beach house and every time I saw it I smiled. "Wow, Q, this really is beautiful" Ruth grinned, as I paid the cab driver.

The beach house was a modern open build, made of cream and beige colouring – large pillars held up the porch which led into a large, open plan, entrance. The back of the house had a large veranda that had stairs leading down to the sand of the beach. There were four bedrooms, as many baths, and even a gym and pool inside. Buying this beach house, with the money I got from my parent's deaths, was the only time I had truly treated myself.

Ruth ventured inside, carrying the twins in their travel cot, as I grabbed the suitcases. Serenity woke up and began to fuss, which woke Harmony, just as I was closing the door. "They must be hungry" Ruth commented.

"I'll go unpack while you feed them". I kissed the top of her head, before taking the bags upstairs. The spare bedroom closest to the master suite had been turned into a nursery. Diana and Ken had had a week long vacation here when Ruth was six months pregnant and I had asked them to make up a nursery for us.

There was only one crib – as we didn't tell Diana and Ken about it being twins – but it was fine as the girls usually shared one anyway. We tried putting them in separate cribs, but they both cried and fussed until we put them together. After the first month of trying to keep them apart, we didn't even bother anymore. They slept better curled up in a shared crib, so be it.

After dumping our bags in the main bedroom, I rang for pizza before going to find Ruth. She was sitting out on the veranda, a twin suckling on each breast. "Damn, I love you, but there is something kinda freaking about that" I commented, sitting down on the outside couch next to her.

Ruth spluttered a laugh, "I know, it feels so weird, but when I fed Serenity first Harmony screamed so I tried to feed Harmony first and Serenity screamed. So, here we go, a boob each".

"I don't get a boob, darlin'?"

"You can have them both later" she smirked, eyes twinkling at me in mischief. Lust ran through my body...until she said her next words. "Unless the nipples go all hard and crack again".

"The hardship of being a mother" I teased.

Her head flopped back against the pillow, the warm summer breeze moving her hair, as the twins suckled at her chest. She smiled and it was beautiful. "There is no hardship to being a mother. This is...this is perfection". Her eyes slipped closed in bliss.

"I have something to make it better" I added.

Ruth opened one eye and looked at me, "unless its pizza I don't need it".

"Alright then, I have two things to make it better. The pizza has already been ordered and I have some news that you might be excited about". I pulled a sheet of paper out of my back pocket and held it out to her. She signalled one minute, before ending the twins feeding and laying them down next to her on the couch, a pillow fort around them to stop them rolling anywhere.

She then took the paper from me and opened it up. "Document CJP45 signed an approved" she muttered, looking over the list of signatures on the paper. It was only a copy, of course, the Alpha Council had the real document. Ruth looked at me in confusion, "I don't know what this is".

"Back when you were pregnant I motioned the Council to pass a new law. Last week I finally got a majority vote and it passed".

"Okay" she said slowly, "so what is the law?"

"It's a law that states that the Alpha can pass down the title, and the accompanying pack, to any of their chosen children".

She raised an eyebrow, "isn't that how Alpha-hood works now?"

"No, the law before stated that the Alpha passed down the title to the first born son. I made it so that the gender of the Alpha is not specified. Meaning--"

"Meaning either Harmony or Serenity will become Alpha of Red Knox when you step down".

I smiled, "exactly".

"Harmony I assume, since she'd older".

I shook my head, "I was very specific on my wording; 'children' not child. That wasn't a grammatical error. I plan for them both to be Alpha's – if that is what they want – and rule together".

Ruth's eyes watered for a moment as she grinned up at me. In that moment, all the hard work and arguments I went through with the council was worth it, just to see that look of happiness and love on her face.

She curled her hand around my neck and pulled me forward. She kissed me deeply, "I love you Quinn Danvers".

"I love you more, Ruth Eden Glass".

Her green eyes glistened like the emerald on her engagement ring. "Not possible, Alpha".

A/N - so this is the last chapter (but an epilogue is next >>)

Stay tuned to my page for my new werewolf series City Wolves, the first story Indigo will be uploaded on my page soon.

It is a very different type of werewolf story (no mates, LOTS of sex and a lot of powerful women taking down the patriarchy) and I am SUPER excited about it!