Five

Charles

Living with Erik was good, although I had managed to push him out of the bed four times. He never pushed me back, even though I said he could.

  There was something that both himself and Hank finally agreed on, and that was on a particularly sunny day, they chucked me in the bath filled with freezing cold water to wake me up.

  I got up one day when it was raining, to discover Hank had gone back to wherever he was before, but was kind enough to leave a message on the table.

  Charles and Erik,
Thanks for letting me stay, I enjoyed thoroughly seeing you, Charles, again and meeting you, Erik.
  I hope to visit again soon enough. I'll probably start watching that space program again. Keep in touch!
  Hank

  I smiled, and felt someone else in the room. I laughed, as I heard the chair fold up under his weight.

  "Good morning Erik." I sighed before sitting down beside him.

  "Morning Charles. What's that you were reading?" He asked, still in the middle of waking up properly.

  "Hank's appreciation note." The German nodded and curled up in the chair. "Erik, it's half eleven. Hurry up and get dressed. We're going out." I warned and waited for a groan or a whine, but all I heard was a snore.

  The only solution was to sit on Erik and wait. I did this and waited for around five minutes until he realised that something was on top of him.

  "Jesus, Charles. Get off, man. I have to get dressed." Complained the ginger below my bum.

  "I'm sorry Erik. I thought you wanted to sleep." I teased, hoping that a fart would come before I got up to let him go.

  "I do, but you're doing everything you can to make sure I don't fall asleep again."

  I nodded and farted on his head before getting up and changing into more comfortable clothes.

  "You're an animal, Charles. Jesus." Erik mumbled and shuffled up the stairs. I laughed and snuck upstairs to change myself.

  After about forty minutes, we finally made it out the house and into the city. It felt weird walking through New York because I had only lived there for twelve, thirteen years and had grown up in England.

  Erik was German, so it must've been strange for him as well. He loved seeing everything and his favourite thing was tasting the American food because he didn't have it much before he moved into the mansion.

  "You know Charles, you would love these, uhh, thingies. They're really good!" Erik told me, sliding over a plate of biscuits of different kinds. "Much better than what I has as a child."

  "They're called biscuits Erik. Well, cookies to the Americans." I told him while picking up a chocolate chip one, breaking it in half then eating it.

  "That's right. Biscuits. I forgot." Then we both burst out laughing at his stupidity. What sane person could forget what biscuits were?! Yes, how bloody British of me to think that, but it's the truth. No normal person wouldn't know what a biscuit was.

  Then again, Erik and I aren't normal.

  As the day was nearing completion, we walked home and pulled on our coats even tighter to beat the cold.

  "Now Hank's gone, what would the sleeping arrangements be?" Erik asked me while I searched my pocket for my key. I felt a quick tap on the side of my head, then I looked up at the key floating in my face before flying towards the lock.

  "I haven't thought about that. You can choose where you want to go. The options should be clear to you." I replied, holding my hand out for the key once the door was open. The taller man dropped it in and waited patiently for me to go in first.

  "Would it be possible for me to stay with you in your room? I like your big, fluffy bed." His comment made me smile greatly, just like they always did.

  "Do whatever. You live here too."

  That made Erik smile a dazzling smile and soon after that he was upstairs changing into his pyjamas again. I guess some aren't built for everyday clothes.

  Later on we played a total of ten games of chess which he won, four games of Scrabble and race through three small crossword books. After our eventful gaming, the television was switched on so we could watch Doctor Who together in the armchair.

  "I like this show, my new favourite." I said to my friend, trying to grab his attention from the screen.

  "Yeah, me too. I hope they make more. I would watch it for as long as I live."

  "Don't say that, I can't stand the thought of you dying." Erik looked up at me and stared for a while. I was slightly confused. "What? Have I got food on my face?"

  "No, it's just that I'm wondering why you would feel that way. Especially since you farted in my face earlier." Erik said, still looking me in the eye. "No one has ever cared before. I just wonder why it's you that cares the most."

  "Of course I care, Erik. What sort of friend would I be if I didn't?" Once I'd finished that sentence, I slipped off the arm of the chair and into Erik's lap. He caught me in time and nothing got hurt.

  "Well, thank you for caring Charles. I would have had the same reaction if it was you who said the first sentence I said. Friends like us should be looking out for each other."

  "That's true, my friend. So very true.. It's quite cold isn't it?" I asked him. His reply wasn't a verbal one, he simply pulled me tighter into his chest and rested his head on my shoulder.

  I wasn't cold anymore. Everything had suddenly warmed up. I loved the nights when everything was calm, nothing was said. However, nothing needed to be said. We were perfectly happy sitting together in the front room with a cup of tea and some toast.

  Never had we shared the seat of the armchair, only swapping on where we sat on it. It felt like a breezy wintry evening should be, cold where the frost can't touch us, and just the right temperature when we were sat together.

  We sat in that comfortable embrace for about three hours before the clock on the mantlepiece struck twelve, indicating it was time for bed.

  "Come on Charles, you can't sleep on me. Let's get to bed. You can sleep beside me instead." Erik mumbled in my ear, and placed me on the floor. I was so tired, I fell back almost instantly and it honestly felt like I was drunk.

Nevertheless, I managed to stumble to bed and fall back on the mattress. I decided that it was a night for sleeping in pants. Erik was only in some grey tracksuits anyway.

  It was an amazing day, and to complete it, all I needed was to hold onto Erik while I slept.

Vas happenin. I'm back! I'm back! Sorry this chapter is slightly shorter, I'm adjusting to a new phone screen size. I know it's been a while, and certain people have been pretty impatient *cough cough Nisha* but I'm done, I'm done. Here you go. I'm gonna put Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran on the side because the first line reminds me of Cherik. Well, all of it does actually.
  Til next time, Troops! ~@lokiismyvillain