Part 1

You managed to track the Avengers to a Hydra facility and watched them all work to clear it out, assessing the situation. They seemed to be working in pairs so there was little chance that you were going to get the Winter Soldier on his own and he seemed to be paired with one of the strongest people on the team. 

You were going to call it quits and keep waiting until he did a mission on his own or without the ones you deemed more of a threat to your mission, but you watched how he interacted with Captain America. Captain America had said something to his friend and they were both laughing. Seeing the Winter Soldier laughing and being apart of a friendship, of a family, something you never had because of him snapped something in you. 

The logical part of your brain and the one that got trained by the assassins told you this was stupid, you'd get captured or killed even if you were lucky enough to kill him, but you didn't care. You had waited too long, tracking them for months. Luckily, they were the first ones to leave the building, so you took your opportunity. 

You put your hood up concealing your face and stepped out and threw a long knife at Captain America's shoulder, the impact had him on the floor and he grunted in pain. The Winter Soldier was momentarily distracted by his friend being hurt, you took the opening and got out your double blades. 

You run lightly towards him, adjusting your grip. When you get to him he's recovered enough to block your first swipe of the blade, but you manage a deep slice on his flesh arm. You hear him hiss and grabs the hand that just cut him. He twists it behind your back causing you to drop the knife. You slam the back of your head into his and he drops your hand. 

You twirl around and punch him in his dazed face and then give a swift kick to his knee. He drops down to his good knee but before you could carry on you could feel Captain America recover behind you. You jump in the air just as his shield slides across the floor and instead of it hitting its intended target of you, it takes the Winter Soldier down fully to the ground. 

You turn in time to be tackled to the ground by Captain America, it causes your hood to fall off and he punches you in the face. You've been hit harder and know from watching him that he's pulling his punches, you smile knowing that's a big mistake as you bring your hand up and twist the knife in his shoulder deeper. He shouts out in pain as he scrunches up his face, he shifts away a bit and you bring your knee up to his stomach and manage to roll out from under him. 

You crouch next to Captain America and say, "I'm not here for you. Let me finish what I came here to do, and I'll leave you alone". Before he gets a chance to respond you hear a shot ring out and pain blooms in your shoulder. You suck in a breath and you take a moment to assess your situation. You decide to pretend that the bullet caused more damage than it did and fall face forward to the ground. 

You stay still hearing the Winter Soldier's boots crunching on the ground coming closer, you here him say, "Steve's hurt, we need back up now", while he seems momentarily distracted talking you flip to the front seeing him still holding the gun at you. You kick it out of his hand just as he shoots, and the shot goes wide. 

You use your other leg to push him back slightly before rolling back and fluidly rising to your feet. You fling another knife at the Winter soldier, going for a kill blow but it gets knocked out of the air by an arrow and you see another one coming for you. You roll out the way and see it wobbling in the ground next to you. 

More and more of the Avengers arrive and stand around the boys you've been fighting. You know you can't win this one and you know there's no running away. Captain America clutches his shoulder and raises his voice to you to make sure you can hear him, "who are you and why the hell do you want to kill Bucky?". He seemed angry, not that you could blame him, you were pissed too. 

"Why don't you ask him", you say gesturing to the Winter Soldier, "he should know". You can see him squint at you and his face just read confusion, you could see him give a slight shake of his head to Captain America before you spoke again. "Oh wait! Silly me. No, he won't remember me because he never saw me, but he should remember Dr. Taylor and Dr. Myers", at the mention of those names his eyes widened but you carry on, "they were my parents and you took them. You came into our home and you ripped them from my life without any remorse and I never saw them again. I don't know what happened to them, but I can only assume they're dead?", and though you didn't mean for it to come out like a question it did. 

You see him close his eyes and clench his jaw before nodding his head. You give out a bitter laugh saying, "why did I even ask?". You start to walk towards them and they all visibly tense. A red head steps in front of you and puts her hand tightly around your upper arm. You stay still as she starts to speak, "he's not the man you think he is", she stares at you for a moment and you watch her as she starts to let her guard down. 

Before she can even blink you grab her arm and twist, she cries out and you knee her in the stomach and push her away from you. As you start walking again you stumble from an impact in your upper thigh. You look down and see an arrow. You then feel a slight prick in your neck and bring your hand up to pull a dart that's sticking into your neck. You pull it out and then yank the arrow out with a cry of pain, you see your vision start to swim from both the pain and the dart. You try to get up, but your muscles won't respond and then all you know is black.