VIII

"This is boring," I repeated my words for the thousand time.
"It's an interrogation, it's only boring until we get him to talk," Natasha pointed out.
"Send me in. I'll get him to talk," I offered, a sly smile appearing on my lips.
"You're out here for the same reason I am. We can't just beat the problem up," she explained, her arms folded over her chest and her legs slightly spread, staring intensely through the looking mirror.
"We can try," I muttered.
"Let me try!" I begged immediately as Steve left the room: "everyone else got to!"
He looked at me, evaluating the situation.
"You can't as much as touch him," he warned.
"I won't. Promise," I swore before entered the small room, closing the door behind me.
The room was small, but not just in size. A single table with a bar on it, handcuffs strapped to it and a guy held with them. He was sitting on a simple black chair, the exact same kind as the one across the table. I spotted a grey camera in the corner on the ceiling, opposite to the 'mirror'.
"Hi. I'm Arabella," I greeted politely as I sat down. The man looked away from me as I sat down.
"I ain't talking."
"Honestly? I don't care," I admitted; "this isn't even my real job, I just hang out here."
"I, don't, care!" He hissed through his teeth.
"Nah, I probably wouldn't either. Blueberry?" I offered, holding the bag out for him; "I snatched them from Tony Stark."
He stared at me.
"Okay, maybe not," I realised, taking a blueberry myself.
"I ain't talking," he repeated.
"For someone who doesn't talk, you talk an awful lot," I joked before sighing.
"Why won't you talk?"
"Cause they can't hear what I have to say."
"But I'm not them."
"You and I both know you're gonna run right to em and tell them everything." He snickered.
I considered.
"What if I tell you my secrets? Something for something," I offered with a shrug.
"Why would you do that?"
"Honestly? I'm bored. The only way I'll get to go out is if you tell me everything, so."
"I ain't talking!"
"Fine! I'll talk," I decided, getting comfortable; "so, when I was born, my mum was on the run from my dads wife because my entire family is fucking crazy."
"I don't care!"
"Shush, let me talk!" I ordered before continuing.
"My dad was in a relationship with my mum, but he was actually cheating on his wife with my mum. He kind of has sex with everything that moves - and doesn't, actually. It can get nasty." I shook the thought out of my head.
"Anyway, he had a girl already, and she was his total favourite. My sister is sooo great and sooo perfect and was literally worshipped. I was second favourite though, so I guess I was better off than my brother."
"Anyway, our relationship were, are, kind of complicated. And so this girl, like, queen of drama girl, right, she wasn't invited to a wedding, and got pissed off. She threw an apple in and was like 'whoever's hottest get this'."
I thought back; "she might've said fairest. I don't remember, it's a long time ago," I admitted, waving it off.
"Anyway, I was fucked up already back then, so as a baby I was hanging out with my dad and I got ten wishes.
First of all, I wanted to always be independent.
I wanted a lot of names.
I wanted a bow, and I wanted it to be made by cyclops - I don't know if you know what that is, but they're quite good at that stuff.
I wanted to be bringer of light, I wanted a proper hunting dress.
Aaaand the sixth wish was for my own army," I admitted.
"It consisted of 60 girls. I used to call them my kor," I said, a smile on my lips from the memory.
"I wanted 20 nymphs to watch over my dogs and bow when I slept because it's either that or I'm up all night and this face does not work without it's beauty sleep," I joked, pointing to my face.
"Anyway, I wanted that, and then I wanted to rule all mountains, a city, any city, and lastly... I wanted to help women in pain."
I licked my lips as I prepared to continue.
"He gave you all that?" I looked surprised at the man before nodding.
"He did. He still owes me a little from it, but I'll get it when the time is right," I insisted with a shrug.
"But that's actually not the part I want to tell you about. I want to tell you about my first murder."

"Your - your what?"
"My first murder. It was out of love, really. He was my first love. He was a hunter, too, but he was kind. We used to hunt together on Crete," I said with a small.
"But he was messed up, deeply, truly flawed, and he had plans to ruin the world," I admitted in a grave voice, my eyes set on the table; "I was in love. Madly. I didn't see it, and when a friend of mine tried to kill him for it, I saved his life. I think that was the first time he noticed me as a woman."
"That night, I planned for us to make love. It was all planned, but when it came to it, I backed down. He didn't enjoy that, so he did his part. Even without my consent."
I looked up, my head slightly crooked as I looked him exactly in the eyes.
"So I killed him."
"You... you killed your first love?"
"I did. I talked to my parents about it afterwards. And my dad reminded me of my first wish. To be independent, belong to no man. So I pulled myself together, and I had to move on."
"Just like that?"
"Oh, no, I did need closure. I talked my dad into giving him a spot amongst the stars."
"How long ago was this?"
"Longer ago than you'll believe," I admitted.
"Why did you tell me that?
He looked me in the eyes until i answered.
"Because there was a prize on my head from the day I was born. My childhood was... I mean, everybody did their best, but... things were messed up - still are. Which is why I'm living on my own for a bit," I admitted with a small laugh.
"And what you just heard was the story of how early I began doing wrong. Back then, everybody looked at it differently, things were a lot more violent, but I was still young. Too young to take someone's life," I added. I bit my lip gently.
"But I've made a choice. A choice that'll be good for me, too, in the long run." I looked at the guy; "you have a choice, too."
The silence spread around the room for about 10 seconds.
"I didn't," he muttered.
"Pardon?"
"I didn't have a choice."
I furrowed my brows, making the guy sigh as he leaned back.
"I remember it. Every part of it. But it wasn't me. I didn't come back to being me until a week ago. By then it was too late," he told; "he had so much proof of me doing illegal things - from when I wasn't me - and told me to join him to stay out of jail. He promised to give me power unlike anything I'd ever seen. He said he has true power."
"Did you recognise my story?" I asked curiously. He thought for a second.
"Some of it."
"So you know who I am?" I looked at him intensely as he slowly nodded, looking at a table.
"Then you know that I, of all people, know what true power is," I pointed out; "plus, who could possibly beat a goddess?" I added with a confident smile.
He raised his glaze to face me.
"A god."