IX

"A god?" Tony asked.
"Yeah, he says the guy is a god," I repeated.
"What, like Thor?" Natasha questioned. I furrowed my eyebrows in surprise.
"You guys know Thor?"
"Where have you been these last years? He fought alongside with us," Clint explained.
"Huh. That's pretty cool," I admitted; "but this isn't him. The guy, the so called god, supposedly has the ability to control minds. Thor's one hell of a warrior, but he's no magician," I reminded them.
"Can't we just google 'gods that can read minds and his weaknesses'?" Tony suggested.
"Yeah, if we go by google answers my first boyfriend were killed by a giant scorpion. I don't think google is the way to go," I commented dryly, making Natasha look at me oddly.
"Don't ask."
"Did he give you anything else that can help us go after him?" Steve asked in a serious tone.
"He did give me an address," I lied.
"What? He just told you?" Tony asked in disbelief.
"...I'm a good listener," I decided.
"We have to go see Fury before we act on this," Steve commented.

After hearing our story, fury asked for private audience with me, meaning I was the only of the avengers left in the office. Actually, I wasn't an avenger, so all the avengers left me alone with sir pirate.
"And how do you know this?"
"I read his mind." I looked at fury's expressionless face and tried to decode it.
"You read his mind?" He replied calmly after a few seconds, making me nod enthusiastically.
"You... read minds?"
"Well, I can read minds, but I typically don't. I can basically tune it out and it can be quite stressful," I explained with a shrug.
"Uhuh," fury replied, not sounding impressed; "Of course you read minds, why wouldn't you?"
"Well, I don't think reading minds is so-""I was kidding," sir pirate interrupted me with a silencing glance.
"Oh."
"I'm sending the team to this address, I don't want you to go," he decided.
"Cool," I agreed, quickly getting on my feet.
"No, you - wait, did you agree? You're not gonna argue to go?"
"Why would I? It's not like I want to go, and if I did, it's not like you could stop me from going," i pointed out casually.
"I don't think I like your attitude, agent."
"I dont think i like being called agent, mortal," I warned him, my tone growing cold.
"What would you like for me to call you, then? Your majesty?" Fury scoffed.
"Majesty's for royalty," I spat; "I am so much more."
"If I had not been trying to make my way as a human, you would have been a hunted pray long ago. So now, Fury, you might want to at least make an attempt at paying your respects before I send my dogs after you," I said, leaning over the table in order to look him in the eyes.
He looked at me, considering.
"I'm sorry," he decided.
"My apologies, I'm not sure who you're talking to," I told him, my voice sounding like sweet poison.
"I am sorry, Your Divinity."
"Cool," I decided, letting go of my attitude; "you may also refer to me as Your Devine Highness, My Lady or Officer Sweetass," I listed up, pointing to a finger each time I revealed a new name.
"The latter ones really more for close friends, but I'll make an exception for my third favourite pirate," I said with a smirk.
"Third?"
"Right after Ching Shih and Jack Sparrow."
Fury sent me a long, angry look while I smiled innocently at him.
"Get the hell out of my office."