XI

XI

TONY

"I am here because I believe you have information I need," he informed her, seeming sincere. She blinked a single time without answering.

A few seconds went by before she stepped closer to him, seeming... Confused, somehow.

10 more seconds went by before her lips parted slightly, still no sound coming out.

"This cage is stronger than you," she suddenly said.

"That was so random," I muttered, mostly to myself.

"It is nice," 'Loki' replied.

"Yep. All it needs is a hamster wheel," she said confidently, making me smile proudly.

"But it is not, I think, built for me," he continued.

"Built for something a lot stronger than you," she quickly retorted.

"She's doing well," Steve stated.

"But is it strong enough for you?"

"What do you mean?" They both had a kind of intense look in their eyes as they stared into each others.

"Oh, do not think I did not notice the second you walked in. So strong, so powerful, so old," he said quietly.

I glanced at Fury, who didn't take his eyes away from the 'couple'.

"I am not old," she said in an offended voice; "Just because you're a kid."

"I am 1070 years old!" he shot back.

Their conversation went on about ages, figuring out Loki's human age - 17 - as well as Thors - almost 25.

"He's about 1500, right?" she asked calmly.

"I believe he is. How do you know?" he asked suspiciously.

"I've run into him a few times. Now, however, we have bonded. We have discussed age, families, and if we ever meet drunk, I believe my drunk self will happily ramble about the roaring twenties, classifying you as a friend of mine. Why don't you tell me what you need our help with?"

"We, are not, friends," he hissed angrily, looking like he wanted to kill her for saying that. I couldn't see her face, but something made him step back before answering.

"I'm... Looking for someone. I need her help," he admitted.

"Uhuh. And who might that be?" she asked calmly.

"Her name is Artemis."

"Artemis? Who's Artemis?" I immediately asked, glancing between my teammates.

"Like the Artemis?" Natasha asked.

"Artemis?" Arabella asked in disbelief.

"Yes. Do you know her?" Loki asked sarcastically.

"Of her," she replied after a few seconds; "what do you need her for?"

"That is for her ears only," he replied.

"Well, I haven't seen her. Doubt anyone has," Arabella decided, crossing her arms above her chest.

"Then I will be off!" he decided; "If you could just open up the door...?"

"How did you get here?" Arabella asked instead.

"Over the bifrost," he replied; "Now, about that door?"

She looked at him, consideration in her eyes.

"I'll see what I can do," she decided before turning around.

ARABELLA

"We can't let him out," Tony immediately said as I entered.

"Why not?" I asked calmly, closing the door behind me before turning to the group.

"It's either-""one of you or a threat to you, trust me, I of all people know," I interrupted Steve with a mutter; "but he's done no wrong."

"The guy we brought in thought differently," Natasha muttered.

"It's his words against this guys word. None of them have given us reason to trust them above the other," Bruce butted in.

"We have to keep him here," fury stated, ending the discussion. We all looked at him.

"He appears to be strong. If he's right, if he is a god, then he's a threat," he explained.

"Possible threat," I corrected.

"What was that, agent?" Fury looked provocatively at me. I sent him back an apathetic look.

"He doesn't appear to be strong, he is strong, and the mere fact that you cannot sense it in his just presence only proves that you are him no match," I stated loudly; "he will get out. You cannot keep him locked in. And do consider - someone that powerful, and who is currently indifferent towards you. Do you truly wish for someone such as him as an enemy?"

"He can't get out on his own," fury stated, thereby ending the discussion. I quickly opened my mind.

Loki?

Yes?

I bit my lip as I considered.

Get ready.

"Do you understand?" Fury questioned.

I'm ready.

I smiled at fury.

"Perfectly so. He cannot get out on his own," I repeated, making fury nod with satisfaction.

"But he does not have to work on his own," I pointed out before pressing the button opening the cage.

The shocked team looked to the cell where Loki calmly stepped out, glancing around before leaving.

"Do you have any idea what you just did?" Steve lectured loudly.

"I let a guy you have no evidence against out," I replied calmly, leaning my bum against the control panel.

"The other guy said he'd killed people!"

"So? People, humans, humans are for gods like... Like ants are to you!" I tried explaining, frustration in my voice as I pushed myself away from the control panel; "Killing humans are nothing to him, like killing ant are nothing to you! Do not hold him responsible as a human, for he is not. You are playing with forces beyond you," I warned before leaving.