Chapter 2

*Yang pov*

Yang: Hello Summer...

I was dropped off in patch and went directly to Summer's grave. The emotions I long since hidden were surfacing and I just needed to be alone right now. 

Yang: I'm sorry I couldn't keep going... I just can't pretend to be happy anymore. Why did you leave? Even though I was never the family's favorite child, you at least treated me like family... I just... I can't... 

I feel to my knees and finally broke down after a decade of bottling my sadness in.

Yang: You promised me you would be there! Why couldn't it have been me that died!! 

I choked on my sobs as the tears poured down my face.

Yang: THE FAMILY NEEDED YOU NOT ME! I'M JUST A REMINDER TO DAD AND UNCLE QROW ABOUT HOW MOTHER ABANDONED US! now you left and I'm just not strong enough to continue this charade anymore. why did you go... 

I then tucked my knees into my chest and sobbed.

{Beacon academy}

*3rd pov*

Team RWBY was called to Ozpin's office and after looking everywhere for their blonde teammate and not finding them, the 3 girls went to Ozpin without them. Ruby was panicking with worry and Blake was concerned about Yang but Weiss still was not convinced that this was all a ploy to gather sympathy for his pursuit of women. 

They made it to his office and inside were Ozpin and Professor Goodwitch.

Ozpin: There you are.

Blake: Sorry, we couldn't find Yang headmaster.

Ozpin nodded and took a long sip of his coffee.

Ozpin: I am aware. He is actually why I called you three here. 

Weiss: What did that idiot do now?

Goodwitch narrowed her eyes while Ozpin showed no real reaction to the comment.

Ozpin: That is my question to you. He was here earlier hoping for either a team transfer or if that wasn't possible, a school transfer.

Ruby gasped and started to tear up while Blake and Weiss's eyes widened. 

Blake: ...Why would he ask for that?

Ozpin: Tell me girls, what do you know about Mr. Yang Xiaolong?

Weiss: Well he slacks off in class, he's a shameless flirt, and he always makes cringe puns.

Blake: In team exercises, he always charges in without any regard for tactics. But he is always positive at least.

Ozpin sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose.

Ozpin: What about you Ruby Rose?

Ruby shuffled nervously.

Ruby: Well... He always babies me and is kinda overprotective.... It's like he doesn't trust me to protect myself...

Ozpin: Are you sure?

Ozpin looked at them each in the eyes. The tension between them was intense and made the girls extremely uncomfortable. 

Ozpin: Well let me be the first to tell you all that almost everything you said was wrong. 

Blake: What do you mean?

Ozpin: I guess I should tell you about the real Yang Xiaolong... It first starts when his mother left him and Taiyang, his father, in Patch and disappeared.