Chapter 4

*3rd pov*

The hunters in training in Goodwitch's class were getting annoyed at waiting for Cardin and his team. They should have been back way sooner than this. Then there teacher came back with the headmaster.

Goodwitch: Ok due to some... complications, team CRDL will be unable to fight.

Everyone groaned as they wanted to see the champion of Mistral fight. Ozpin chuckled at this and Pyrrah was about to go back to her seat.

Ozpin: Oh don't worry everyone. I have a much better fight in mind. Ms.Nikos I hope you don't mind fighting them one on one.

Pyrrah: Umm, of course headmaster, but who is it?

Ozpin: Well why don't I let him reintroduce himself. Oh Mr.Xiaolong, come on in please.

Everyone's eyes widened as Yang walked in with casual clothes on. He had a black t-shirt and blue jeans with fingerless gloves and tennis shoes. The remaining members of Team RWBY gasped.

Pyrrah: Umm, where is your weapon Yang? We are fighting right?

His emotionless eyes regarded her.

Yang: I'm good...

Pyrrah glanced at Ozpin and Goodwitch and they smiled as a go ahead. She was hesitant to fight a unarmed opponent but if the teachers say it's ok...

Yang walked up with his hands on his pockets up to the arena.

Goodwitch: Are both fighters ready?

They nod.

Goodwitch: Then begin!

Yang immediately charged and threw a punch forcing Pyrrah to use her shield. Hitting it dead on, he then kept it up and forced her to focus on her shield. Loud bang after bang engulfed the room.

Weiss: What is that dolt doing?! That's obviously not working! He will break his hands at this rate!!

Ozpin was confused until he looked at the combatants faces. Yang was calm while Pyrrah was flinching with every hit. Ozpin smirked. He was tiring her out. The main problem Yang had to deal with was the shield. Without his weapon, her "immortality" was useless. By battering the problem head on he is sending the force from the shield into Pyrrah's arm. If he numbs her shield arm most of his problems with this fight evaporate.

Pyrrah, realizing that her defences were failing tried to jump back, but Yang grabbed the side of her shield and wrenched it from her. Briefly activating his semblance, he quickly frizzbe threw it into the wall. The massive force of the throw embedded it deeply into it. Pyrrah tried to use her polarity, but in order to wrench it out, she would need a lot of aura and ALL of her concentration.

Goodwitch: OHM DAMN IT YANG!! MY WALL!!!

He charged again and resumed his assault. Having no shield Pyrrah started to dodge but she was a armored and was quickly losing stamina. She was an experienced fighter but she knew she was losing here.

Trying to gain the offence, she tried jabbing at him but he was ready for that. Months of fighting in the forest left Yang's reflexes and reaction time top notch. While the rest of the students saw the lightning quick stabs Pyrrah was launching at Yang, he saw every one and reacted accordingly.

This started what the class could only call a dance of death. Both were attacking, countering, and dodging at such speed yet neither could get a single hit on the other. Jaune even had a thought that neither were even human.

Pyrrah then stabbed and Yang only partially dodged. The spear but into his side leaving a long gash. His aura took a massive hit, forcing it into the near red. She froze just for a second, why take that hit? Then she felt dread as she looked into his now red, cold eyes.

Yang grabbed onto the now bloody spear, holding it still with his left hand. Pyrrah tried to wrestle it back but his grip was like iron.

Yang: Sorry in advance.

His right fist slammed into her unguarded stomach. All the air in her lungs was pushed out leaving her gasping and sputtering. Yang then sweapt her legs out from under her. Pyrrah fell hard onto her back still getting oxygen back into her. Black spots danced in her vision and she felt a sudden pressure on her. When she regained her sight, she saw the tip of her own weapon aimed right between her eyes, still wet with Yang's blood.

The class was silent. The invincible Spartan was defeated by the class clown and flirt. He held her spear to her head and soundly beat her unarmed. He didn't even seemed to care or even notice the injury Pyrrah inflicted that his aura was slowly healing. His red eyes shifted back to violet and looked to Ozpin and Goodwitch. Ozpin was smirking while Goodwitch was stunned.

Ozpin took a short sip from his ever full coffee mug and Yang had a short thought about whether it was enchanted or something.

Ozpin: Well it seems we have a winner everyone. Good job Yang Xiaolong. Ms. Nikos, you should never freeze like that in a real fight. Next time it could be fatal. I believe that would be all class. Time to go to your next period.

Without saying a word, Yang for off Pyrrah and dropped her spear next to her. As she was getting up he made his way to her shield and wrenched it out of the wall. Giving it back to her, Yang left with Ozpin to finish moving back into his dorm.

Goodwitch: *mumbling to herself* no Ozpin its ok, I don't need your help fixing the wall, I got it...

Ruby: Ms. Goodwitch, why did he take the hit?

Weiss: He was probably showing off.I

Dispite saying this and crossing her arms, her eyes said she was clearly worried, but her pride refused to show it or say it.

Blake was silent and Goodwitch sighed.

Goodwitch: If I had to guess, it was to catch her off guard. He knew he could shrug off a bit like that easily enough and by doing so he was placed into the perfect position to end the fight. The fact that the hit fueled his semblance was just the bonus he needed. Reckless but undoubtedly effective...

Blake: I thought his semblance could only be activated by extreme anger.

Goodwitch: Apparently not. Judging by what I just seen, he can not only activate it at will, but he is in complete control when he does use it.

Blake: So he was hiding everything...

RWB needed to try and fix things with their new leader.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n well another chapter another fight scene I think I did horribly but I hope I made Yang stronger without being too overpowered. I have him control over his berserker semblance and made him more tactical. Pyrrah over relies on her polarity semblance and without that working for her, Yang could beat her soundly. That said she is a champion for a reason so it stand to say that Yang wouldn't come out of the fight unscathed. The only thing Yang Really had to get around was the shield. But blunt damage transfers the force from it to the wielder's arm. If say Weiss was in Pyrrah's position, her arm would be dislocated at best and completely shattered at worse. It's only thanks to Pyrrah's intense training she could still use her arm after Yang's assault. Sorry if I offend, but males are physically stronger. Yang set it up so his superior strength was pitted directly against Pyrrah's.

Now that I explained myself to the rabid Pyrrah fans that are probably going to hunt me down and murder me, it's time for me to talk pairings...

Recently I was unfortunate enough to be apart of a "disagreement" between two authors. I got involved when I shouldn't I admit, but the reason was over whether or not it's ok for students to date teachers in fanfiction.

Now honestly I don't care either way, but to avoid such things, Goodwitch is out. But I do like to troll so instead Ruby is on the table as a likely candidate. So in this everyone in beacon is now 19 while she is in the 17-18 range but same height. She is short for her age...

If anyone wants to suggest other picks, this is a harem. Either dm me or go ahead and comment anywhere.