four

I stayed home today, deciding getting up just wasn't for me. First period began about 5 minutes ago, and I received a text from Harry.

H: You are not here.
H: Are you running late?

Me: nah, im just not coming. getting up was not apart of my agenda today.

H: Are you okay?

Me: yeah definitely i just didn't wanna go to school today lmao

H: Huh
H: Okay
H: What are you gonna do today then?

Me: probably just hang around, then go to work. i enjoy being lazy

H: So you can go to work, but not school?

Me: i get paid to go to work

H: School gives you an education
H: Which gets you a job
H: Which pays you

Me: shut up styles.

I laughed a little, locking my phone and heading downstairs. My mom sat in the living room, watching the news.

"Lena? What're you doing home?" She questioned, setting down her phone.

"I didn't feel up to going to school today, honestly." I decided on not making up an excuse.

"That doesn't excuse you from school."

"I know. I haven't been absent in months though, so I figured it was okay. I can still go, if you want."

She sat and thought for a second, before nodding. "I suppose one day is alright."

I thanked her, and left to the kitchen. My stomach grumbled right on que. Just as I was about to open the fridge, my phone rang.

"May I help you, Styles?" I questioned, finding the call odd.

"I was bored, s-so I called." Shuffling and the sound of a door closing was heard.

"Well that's why you have school to occupy you, buddy." I laughed a little.

"O-oh I'm n-not at school any-anymore."

"Then where are you?"

"Staying home s-seemed like a g-good idea, so I took an Uber h-home. I can a-afford to miss a day."

"Copying me now, huh?"

"W-what? N-n-no I jus-"

"I'm kidding." I cut him off.

He sighed in relief.

"Hey, have you ate yet?"

"Mhm." He replied.

"Too bad, we're going to iHop. Get ready Mr. "I-can-afford-to-miss-a-day."

"Uh, o-o-okay."

I hung up then, running upstairs. Settling on keeping on what I had slept in—red plaid pajama pants and a black v-neck— I added black slip on Vans and grabbed my keys. I placed my phone and my wallet in my pocket, and skipped downstairs.

"I'm getting food!" I called to my mom, who replied with an okay as I went to the garage.

Me: im omw

H: Okay.

I put Harry's address in my maps just in case, and began backing out. The drive was short, only 10 minutes and I avoided a lot a streets I knew would be crowded.

When I arrived Harry was sitting outside on his phone. He had on a black shirt, these blue pants with red and white stripes, and Vans. He also had contacts in I'm assuming, seeing as his glasses were no where to be found. I honked to let him know I was there.