seven

It was around 2:10 when I got an unexpected text from Harry. We hadn't talked anything out but I guess you could say we made up? More like silently agreed to be cordial. I had just finished some laundry, and was about to watch a movie. Bailey wanted me to come hang out, so I might do that later.

H: My parents are gone for a week on a church retreat. You may come over and work on the project if you would like. If you are busy I understand, I am just letting you know.

Me: can't today, going over to a friends. tomorrow?

H: Okay sure that is fine. Just let me know whatever works for you.

I could feel his anxiousness through the text. It was adorable in a nerdy, weird kind of way. But, Bailey did ask to hang out first to be fair. I threw on a pair of baggy grey sweats with a tight red long sleeved shirt I already had on that I sort of lived in, and added red checkered vans. Grabbing my car keys and my phone, I skipped downstairs.

Right when I was about the start the car, my phone chimed.

B: moms bitching again, raincheck? :/

Me: alright babes.

B: see you at work, love ya!

Me: <3

I texted Harry to let him know I was on my way over.

Me: nvm lol im not busy. be there in 10.

I didn't get a response, so I figured he saw it and moved on. The familiar streets passed as I made my way to Harry's house. As he'd said, his mom's car was gone. The only one remaining was his dads that he occasionally drove. Harry didn't like driving though, it gave him anxiety. I learned that when I asked him to meet me at the library once. 

Parking in front of the house, I walked up the driveway and entered through the garage—it was already open, courtesy of Harry I guess. Harry informed me that entrance to the house was usually unlocked.

Confirming my thoughts, I walked in the house and called out for Harry. No response was given, so I decided to go check the den.

"Harry?" I called again once I was upstairs. Assuming he couldn't hear me, I noticed his bedroom door was cracked open, so I decided I'd scare him. How childish of me, I know.

My plan was working until I approached the door. Walking closer, I heard little pants and grunts coming from his room. I decided to go in for some reason, but he still didn't notice.

His glasses were pushed above his eyes, and his head was thrown back. Small beads of sweat were evident on his face, mixed in with a swirl of mahogany curls clinging to it. I didn't see anything due to his hand being in his shorts, but I couldn't just walk out and walk back in like nothing happened.

I cleared my throat, and that's when he noticed. He shot up quickly, a look of embarrassment plastered across his face. His eyes couldn't have possibly gotten any bigger.

"Oh fuck." He breathed, jumping off the bed.

"Did you not get my message... orrr?" I questioned, watching him.

He was breathing so hard the deep heaving of his chest was visible, and he shook his head. "M-my phone is d-d-downstairs. E-excuse m-me"

He rushed out the room and into the bathroom, shutting the door with a bit of a thud. Laughing to myself a little—okay, maybe a lot, I took the time to look around his room. I'd never fully seen it before. It was simple, and messy. A desk was off to the left, along with a laptop and a bunch of papers and books scattered across it. He had books and clothes scattered around the room as well. A rosary hung on the wall beside his bed, and there was a bible on a shelf near his tv. A chipped at cross was etched into his bed frame, and an actual one stood on a shelf filled with multiple pictures, honors, and awards. Some of family, some from events, some from school—all academic.