Chapter 4: The Names

Put your background colour on white if you want the full experience this chapter! 

Dinner was quick on Friday for both the students and the teachers. With the exception of the people who did not enter their name, everyone was severely on edge. Throughout the week several students had been bad mouthing each other, causing an increase in students being send to Madam Pomfrey. 

The moment Dumbledore rose from his chair, the entire Great Hall fell silent. The doors opened. Professor McGonagall brought in the Goblet of Fire, placing it right in front of Dumbledore. 

"The Goblet will choose four names." Dumbledore said. "Four names of four worthy champions. If your name is called, please stand up and walk to the Goblet." 

Dumbledore swished his wand, and the fires in the room responded. One by one they slowly started dimming. There was still enough light to see, but nothing shone as bright as the fire inside the Goblet. 

As though it had been listening to Dumbledore talk, the fire only grew larger. The people at the front of the room moved backwards a little bit, until finally, one blue paper shot out. "The Ravenclaw champion is,"

"Cephas Hackett!" Dumbledore said

"Cephas Hackett!" Dumbledore said. Mixed reactions came from the Ravenclaw table. Some seemed upset that they weren't the one called, while others thought him to be a worthy choice. 

Cephas got up from his table and moved to stand in front of the goblet. He was a seventh year with bright white hair and a rather lanky posture. He seemed incredibly happy to be chosen, even smiling and waving at the people watching him. 

"Bit confident isn't he?" Celia whispered to Beth. 

"He ended top of his year last year." A boy chimed in next to her. "Top O.W.L scores too, no doubt." 

The fire lit up again, this time a red paper came shooting out of it. Dumbledore caught it midair. Was that a small smirk on his face? Beth thought it was. "Our Gryffindor champion is none other than,"

 "Our Gryffindor champion is none other than,"

"Sirius Black." He revealed. His friends seemed to think it was terribly funny, while Sirius just looked like he had been struck by lightning. 

"Bloody hell." Someone said, a few seats away from Beth. It had been Regulus Black, Sirius' younger brother. Undoubtedly this would earn his older brother some favour points with the parents. 

Sirius also made his way to the goblet, though it took a few pushes from his friends, and took place next to Cephas. Cephas immediately sized Sirius up, who was only in his fourth year and a whole lot smaller than Cephas. Sirius did not seem that impressed by Cephas though.

A yellow paper came flying out next. "Ah," Dumbledore said, as every single Hufflepuff breathlessly leaned in. "Our Hufflepuff Champion."

"Kaeley Frye

"Kaeley Frye." All the Hufflepuffs started clapping. Beth had at least heard of Sirius Black and Cephas Hackett, she had never known anyone to be named Kaeley. When she rose up from the Hufflepuff table, it was clear to see why.

Kaeley was in her second year, and even though she was rather tall, she did not seem too sure about herself. She smiled a bit, but like most first and second years she must not have realized that she could be fighting against someone in their seventh year. Her hair was dark brown and incredibly curly, they bounced along as she practically skipped to the goblet. 

The final paper shot out, flying higher than any other had done, and slowly landed in Dumbledore's outstretched hand. "And finally, our Slytherin Champion,"

 "And finally, our Slytherin Champion,"