The Beginning

Kaneki's POV: 

Ugh, I can't believe I have to learn English just to catch and eat a murderer, I walk towards the large and oddly shaped, run-down house, I knocked on the door and almost instantly a plump Cheery woman answers.

"Hello Dear you must be Ken," She says in an uplifting tone and a smile on her face, "I prefer Kaneki," I say without a hint of emotions on my face or voice, she seems taken back by my tone "O... Of course Kaneki" She invites me into the house when we stop in the living room she bellows "He's here!

I hear three pairs of feet, two running, one walking, I see who is running a boy with brown hair and glasses, and a boy with ginger hair, and has a resemblance to the woman, and then the human who was walking came down past the boys and extends her hand for a handshake and say's "my names Hermione, pleasure to meet you!" she says with a warm smile, but I simply look and her with cold eyes, she slowly retracts her hand back to her side and sits down on a chair, soon the boy with the glasses speaks up saying "My names Harry Potter", I look at him and nod.

I think to myself he has a weird smell to him a mixture of death and bird feathers, a strange smell but intriguing, all I do is nod at him, and the ginger finally speaks up " and I'm Ron" after a second or two of registering their names I mumble "Kaneki".

They flinch at the sound of my voice as if they weren't expecting a response, I crack my finger out of habit, I see Ron who cringes at the sound, and quickly tries to change the subject, "So how did your mum let you bleach your hair" he asks cheerfully, "My mother's dead" I say while turning away from them, I then hear Hermione get up from her seat, walking up to Ron to give him a quick slap on the arm followed by Ron saying ow under his breath.

"Oh dear," Mrs. Weasly says in a pitiful tone I just roll my eyes, I've had worse things happen in my life. "Where my room ma' ma?" I ask with a fake smile on my face, she smiles at me "third floor, second to the left" she answers. I nod at her, give a warm smile and head up, as I walk up I can feel their piercing stares on my back. when I turn the corner I release some tension that I had while walking up, I turn the corner to walk up another flight of stairs, I followed her directions. I open the door to find a bed in the corner with a nightstand, a wardrobe, and a dresser. the room was small and looked like it hasn't been touched in years, but it will do.

I unpacked most of my things and, I listen to make sure nobody is outside the door and take out one of my packages that I managed to through the tight security, I eat it quickly trying to stay as quiet as possible and not make a mess, when I am done I clean up my face, and lay down on the bed, it was surprisingly comfortable, my eyes start to get heavier and heavier, as I drift to the sound of people talking downstairs.

Hermione's POV:  

As Kaneki heads upstairs Mrs. Weasly walks to the kitchen to make dinner, I wait until I hear his door close and no footsteps upstairs, "Ron! You shouldn't have asked him that!" I Scold him, "Bloody hell, how was I suppose to know his mum was dead" he retorts in an irritated manner, "Let's just not mention it again okay" says Harry, "Good idea" me and Ron say at the same time, we suddenly hear a lot of shuffling upstairs and then nothing, "Doesn't he seem a little off to you" asks Ron, "He's probably been through a lot, that's all" I say in a confident tone, Harry nods in agreement with my statement, "do you think he needs help unpacking?" asks Harry, "Maybe, lets go see" I suggest.

We head up the stairs and toward Kaneki's room, when we get to his door I quickly knock and say "Kaneki?" no response, I quietly open the door and step when a strong metallic smell hits me, "What is that!?" asks Harry surprised, I walk in to the room doing my best to ignore the smell, I look around the room and find him asleep on his bed, "How is he asleep, it's only 5pm?" asks Ron, I and Harry both ignore him until I say "he's had a long day" I look on the floor and see that some of his stuff is still in his suitcase, I walk over to it and start putting stuff away, "Are you sure he won't mind us touching his stuff?" asks Harry, "We're just helping him out, relax" says Ron quietly.

As we continue to unpack Kaneki's belongings, while looking through his things I find a horrific mask, before I can ask Ron or Harry about it he whimpers and rolls over, now facing me, while still holding it, Ron asks "Do you think he's okay?" we stay silent for a moment, while those two are focused on Kaneki, I throw the mask into the wardrobe, if he wants to tell us what it's for then that's for him to decide.

I notice him twitch, luckily we're almost done, I put the last latex t-shirt, I walk over to the bed and put a blanket over him, I look at his face, he looks like he's in pain, I look over at the door noticing that Ron and Harry are already walking out the door, I follow them, and close the door, and we make our way downstairs without making a sound and just in time for dinner.